|88| Survivor

"So what do we do now?" Lucas ask his bandmates as he plays a note on the piano keyboard.

"With all of the rumours about (Name) going around," Lily say as she leans her back to the wall as she looks at her bandmates, "It's going to be hard for (Name) to show her face. Not saying that I believe the rumours but chances of her not showing up for practice, for the school festival and for our performance for the competition is high," Lily points out as nothing is looking good.

Yasmins sighs as she hugs herself, "Yoko and Zain spend time writing a few songs which goes with (Name)'s voice and our skills. And we practiced so hard... How are we suppose to change everything last minute?" Yasmine ask sadly as she was really looking forward to performing. She believed this was the year that the band could go somewhere, where she can show off he talents.

"There's not much we can do..." Zayn says as he looks at his phone. He's sitting on the drum chair. Everyone but you is here for the last rehearsal before they have to perform in front of the whole school and many other people who will come and see them.

They were at a studio they have rented for a few hours and it every week they come but now with what's going on, they're going to have to come up with something quick. Yoko stays quiet as he looks at the ground disappointedly. Yasmine notices and feels bad for the first-year as she knew he was excited for this. 

But then suddenly there was a knock on the door. Everything look to see it gently open and to reveal you. You're wearing a hoodie, black pants, a hat and mask. You walk in as you close the door behind you and then taking off the hat and mark.

You stand there anxiously and awkwardly. You don't understand why you're quiet. Just a while ago, you knew what you wanted to say. You rehearsed it in your head many times but now that you're standing in front of them, the words won't come out.

"You made it," Zayn says with a smile as he looks at you like everyone else.

"I made a promise," you manage to say as you avoid eye contact with all of them. You take a deep breath as you close your eyes and then you raise your face to look at them, "Are we still doing this?" you ask.

"I don't know. You tell me. Will you be able to perform?" Zayn ask as he stands up and look at you. You're both having this stare off and you put on the brave face.

"No, I won't be able to," you confess which surprised everyone in the room except for Zayn. He continues to look at you in the eyes as you were looking at him, "Chances of me running away is very high. There's going to be a lot of people, ten times more than we're going to expect because everyone is going to be rumours about the Girl who's dating a psychopath," you mention and everyone except Zayn looks away from you as they can understand why you wouldn't want or can't perform.

Zayn sighs and was about to thank you for your honesty and then tell you to leave so that they can plan something but you stop him, "But," they all look at you, "I ran away once and regretted it," the performance you were meant to do with your friends back at school. You ran away from it when the chances of winning was high but you got scared and ran. You don't want to do that. You want to move one or else the past is going to eat you alive, "I don't want to run away again. Which is why I'm going to need your help on that stage. I can't perform alone and I need to know that you're there and that you have my back on that stage. So if you'll still have me as the lead singer, should we practice?" you ask confidently which made Zayn smile.

"Hell yeah!" Lucas yells as he runs to you, put an arm around your shoulder and pull you in a side hug, "We're going to be the definition of awesome tomorrow!" Lucas says with a bright smile.

"You bet your ass we will. Let's put one one hell of a performance tomorrow and prepare for the big competition and win it," Lily says with a smirk.

"But you guys do know," you say, getting their attention, "All the attention will be one us because of me but not in a good way. One mistake and we're cancelled," you look at Yoko and Zain as they were near each other, "I know how you both want a future with music, if I mess up then--"