。2 。

-"If I say yes, will you stop asking for things?"-

-
"If I say yes, will you stop asking for things?"
-

6 months later

Smoke clouded in the room, rolling through the air in soft waves. Pieces of crumbling ash fell to the kitchen counter, slowly flattering out into crisp, grey dots. Even though it was summer and hot outside, the house creaked with the wind, built on a flimsy structure.

Slightly chapped lips wrapped around the filter of a cigarette, inhaling deeply and feeling the nicotine invade her mouth, savouring the smoky flavour. Pulling it from her lips, she parted them and the smoke tumbled from her mouth, slowly fading into the air.

"Fuck." Svetlana mumbled to herself, Russian accent very thick as she stared down at the duffel bag of money.

After stealing half a million dollars, she would most definitely be on the radar of Natasha Romanoff, who was already searching far and wide for her. Who knew the greatest spy int he world wouldn't bother to check her home after she left for only a few months.

It was risky, but it paid off. Maybe Natasha wasn't as good as she made out to be. Really, this whole situation wasn't her fault. I mean, who just leaves a duffel bag of money in their house alone... with security alarms on... and multiple locks on the door... the bag in a large safe.

Someone who was begging to be robbed.

Rubbing her forehead, Svetlana sighed softly before moving to the cupboard and pulling out a bottle of half empty vodka. Grabbing a clean half-pint glass, she filled it halfway and took a gulp of it, leaving 3/4 of the glass empty of the burning liquid.

The 21 year old stiffened as she heard footsteps in her house. Quickly, she grabbed her gun from the cutlery draw and pulled off the safety, moving slickly by the walls and the footsteps stopped. Turning a corner, she was about to shoot and sighed in relief, and annoyance, when she saw Luke sitting on her old horribly patterned settee.

"What did I say about knocking?" She scoffed, fake American accent returning.

"To not do it." Luke mumbled, flicking on the old Tv and quickly moved to out one of his VHS films in the device and sat down with an achieved cheer.

"Very funny." Svetlana grumbled as he grinned cheekily at her. "Why did you come here?"

"Mum's got Logan over again." The child muttered, pulling a half eaten bag of sweets from his pocket.

Svetlana rolled her eyes discreetly. She wasn't a fan of people in general, most of the people she spoke with was only to keep up her impression as a sassy bartender. But Luke, she felt sorry for him. His mother did love him, she did and it was clear but she always came before him. So did drugs.

"You need to sleep here?" Svetlana asked.

"Yeah." Luke nodded, watching the violent images of of some old film he seemed to be obsessed with. "Can we have KFC for dinner? I have money. I took some from Mum's wallet before I left."

"I see that. Those Sour Patch Kids are looking like you actually paid for them." Svetlana nodded, moving back to the kitchen to hide the duffel bag.

"You want one?" Luke offered.

"Black one." Svetlana nodded.

"Would you settle for a red one, Phee?" He questioned after a moment.

"Fine." She sighed and he handed her a few red ones. "Three. Wow. Someone's feeling generous. Also, yes, you can have KFC."

"Can we take your motorbike?" Luke questioned, attention drifting to her in excitement.

"If I say yes, will you stop asking for things?" Svetlana quizzed.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Then fine."

After a shared bucket of boneless fillets, and many Disney films, Luke was fast asleep on the settee, slumped and curled into the warmth of Svetlana's cushions. Grabbing her empty cup and and Luke's half empty one, she put them in the kitchen and threw away the empty KFC bag in the outside bin, locking the door.

Carefully and quietly, Svetlana picked up Luke who's head lolled back so she adjusted it to lean on her shoulder before walking up the stairs. Passing her room, she kicked open the spare bedroom door and walked in.

The room had been decorated for Luke. Not intentionally, but when he slept over, he would bring things and dog them around the room and one day the two decided to just paint it how he wanted it which was two of the walls blue and two red. There were cracks in the walls but Luke still loved 'his' room.

Placing him in his bed, she gently took off his coat and lay him so his head was on the pillow before pulling the duvet over his body and he snuggled into the bed happily. Flicking the light switch off, Svetlana left his room and closed the door behind her leaving him to sleep.

Checking the time on the cracked clock on the wall, she saw it was 1am and realised Luke must have fallen asleep a while ago before she actually saw. Stretching, Svetlana made her way to her room and started to get ready for bed.

Pulling off her t-shirt and then her bra, she tugged on a vest top and changed her jeans for shorts. Grabbing a bobble, she pulled her brown locks back into a ponytail and wiped her eyes free of the makeup on them, taking off her rings.

Climbing in her bed, she pulled the covers to her chest and snuggled down, eyes open and staring at the large hole in the wall. She could fix the house up now, with that money she stole. Give Luke some so he wouldn't have to live off his mums scraps.

Closing her eyes, she willed herself to fall asleep and relax for once. It seemed easy enough to do but maybe it wasn't with your past murders looming over you and the possibility of your sister trying to kill you in your sleep.

{999}