。7 。

-"Get the fuck out of here

-
"Get the fuck out of here."
-

Sitting on the windowsill of her hotel room, Svetlana blew smoke from the corner of her lips, out into the night sky to save making the room smell like smoke. Flicking the cigarette a little, the ash fell from the end and onto the floor below. After taking a final drag of it, she put it out on the heel of her boot and threw it out of the window, closing it.

As she pulled off her leather jacket, hoping to finally get comfortable, her phone rang. With a sigh, she answered it, not bothering to take notice of the name on it.

"What?" The Russian asked flatly.

"Hey, Svet." Steve greeted, voice sounding a little panicked. "You might wanna come to the hospital. It's Nick."

"Give me the address." Svetlana ordered.

Steve gave her the address and she quickly made her way there on her motorbike. As she pulled up, so did Natasha. The two Widow's stormed in together and made their way to the surgery room where Steve was waiting, watching form the window.

"Is he gonna make it?" Natasha asked, eyes focused on Nick.

"I don't know." Steve answered honestly.

"Tell me about the shooter." Natasha ordered.

"He's fast. Strong. Had a metal arm." Steve replied and Svetlana inhaled sharply.

"Ballistics?" The red head asked as Maria moved to stand by Svetlana.

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Maria responded.

"Soviet-made." Svetlana spoke up.

"Yeah." Maria agreed, glancing at the brunette.

"He's in V-tach." One of the male nurses said.

"Crash cart coming in." A female nurse chimed in.

"Nurse, help me with the drape." The doctor demanded.

"BP's dropping."

"Defibrillator!"

They all watched as the nurses and doctors fussed over Nick who was on the brink of death, hi machine beeping loudly in distress as everyone in the surgery room moved frantically to try and save him.

"Don't do this to me, Nick." Natasha mumbled. "Don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me."

"What's the time?" The doctor asked, Nick now dead.

"1:03, Doctor." The female nurse replied.

"Time of death, 1:03 a.m."

-

Natasha stood in front of Nick's body while Steve and Svetlana leant against the wall close by. Maria came to stand by the two, clearly upset and Svetlana looked a little uncomfortable with her friends tears.

"I need to take him." Maria stated.

Steve walked over to Natasha while Svetlana eyed the blonde with some suspicion.

"Natasha." Steve muttered to the red head and she placed a hand on Nick's forehead before leaving the room, following Svetlana who had just left. "Natasha! Svetlana!"

"Why was Fury in your apartment?" Natasha demanded, the two women turning to him.

"I don't know." Steve sighed.

"Cap, they want you back at S.H.I.E.L.D." Rumlow interrupted.

"Yeah, give me a second." Steve ordered.

"They want you now." Rumlow continued.

"Get the fuck out of here." Svetlana rolled her eyes, Steve holding up a hand to her.

"Okay." The blonde nodded at Rumlow who finally walked away.

"You're a terrible liar." Natasha said before walking away and Steve looked at Svetlana who was glaring at the floor.

"You okay, Svet?" Steve quizzed softly.

"Yes. Why?" The brunette asked.

"Because... You're not sad?" Steve questioned with furrowed eyebrows and the woman shrugged.

"I am not stupid, Steve. I know I lie when I see one." Svetlana hummed.

"He's dead. How can that be a lie?" Steve asked in astonishment at her attitude.

"You know nothing. It is like you are a golden retriever. You do what you are told because you get a treat after? Naive, Steve, that is what you are. And Natasha, and Maria. It is Nick Fury. You think he is just gonna drop dead that easily? No, he is somewhere and he doesn't want to be found." Svetlana shrugged before walking away casually.

{644}