。4 。

-"It's gone?"-

-
"It's gone?"
-

After Clint had finally woken up, Svetlana sat Natasha down at her table and started to clean her wound for the red head. Clint sat down on the other end of the table, wary of the ex-assassin that had previously knocked him unconscious.

"You didn't have the operation?" Natasha questioned after some silence.

"What?" Svetlana asked, stitching her up.

"Your son. You didn't have the operation? In the Red Room?" Natasha added and Svetlana scoffed.

"Did not have it? I had it when I was 11, Natalia." Svetlana sighed.

"11?" The red head repeated.

"Yes, 11. Started my period at 9 and I was too good for them to even think about letting it go on for too long. Could not risk me having a child." Svetlana explained. "So, no. He is not my son."

"So why was he in your home?" Clint asked.

"He was in my house because he needed somewhere to sleep. His mum is a drug addict and always has sex with her boyfriend in every room of the house, even when he is there. He is six and does not deserve that." She shrugged.

"Wow. Svetlana Volkov has gone soft." Natasha teased.

"I have not gone soft." Svetlana said, snapping the thread to Natasha's stitch harshly and the red head groaned. "I just know what it feels like to be hurt by family."

Natasha nodded slightly at that, turning her attention to the chipped wood of Svetlana's table. Moving away from the table, Svetlana grabbed the rest of her vodka and downed it. Grabbing a knife, she went to pick up something but both Natasha and Clint shot up, eyeing her hand.

"What are you doing?" Svetlana asked, grabbing some bread. "I am hungry, you idiots."

"That bread's sliced." Clint pointed out.

"I know, genius. I brought it myself. I am buttering it." Svetlana rolled her eyes.

"With a kitchen knife? Use a butter knife." Natasha scoffed.

"I have no more. They need to be washed." She shrugged, biting into the buttered bread.

"This house is big for one person." Clint commented, looking around.

"Some old fuck used to live here. I moved in with him and he died." Svetlana shrugged, swallowing her bite. "Now, what do you really want?"

"We heard from... A source that Red Widow was seen. We thought that maybe we could find her and take care of the issue. We were given this address." Natasha explained.

"You found me. What next?" Svetlana asked, moving to sit down at the table, gun in front of her just in case. "I think you both know if you try shit, I will kill you."

"We're actually going to help you." Natasha sighed.

"What if I do not want your help?" Svetlana questioned.

"Then you get arrested and put in a cell for the rest of your life." Natasha answered sharply.

"Hm." Svetlana hummed, mulling over her choices. "Both are shit. But I would rather not go to prison. What do I have to do?"

"Earn your place in S.H.I.E.L.D. Prove you're loyal to us." Clint answered and she nodded.

"And how would I do that?" She asked.

"The Red Room's gone so you can't do anything-"

"It's gone?" Svetlana quizzed with furrowed brows, interrupting Natasha. "How can you be so sure?"

"I killed Dreykov." The red head replied.

"You find his body? You check for anyone else?" Svetlana asked and Natasha didn't say anything. "Come on, Natalia, that is sloppy work. So he may not be dead?"

"He is dead. The building burned with him inside." Natasha stated definitively. "I'm positive he's dead along with the Red Room."

"His daughter?" Svetlana questioned and she glanced down. "So you took her out too."

"She was a hazard to have around. She could have started it up again." Natasha swallowed thickly.

"I never said I did not agree with what you did, Natalia. At least less girls will be stripped of their freedom." Svetlana shrugged casually. "So, I will ask again, what do I have to do?"

"Missions. We don't know what, but when the time comes, you'll have to do missions. With a mentor that will most likely be one of us." Clint responded.

"A mentor? You need one more. You could not even break into a house." Svetlana scoffed.

"And you can by the look of the duffel bag of money." Natasha sighed and Svetlana looked towards the stairs to see the bag now open but all of the money still there. 

"Idiot." The Russian mumbled, shaking her head knowing Luke had found it and not put it back.

"You gonna return it?" Natasha asked with raised eyebrows.

"Why would I do that? That is my money." Svetlana lied.

"So that's why the receipt for the bag says Martha Smith, does it?" Clint asked, searching through the bag and pulling out a small receipt.

"If I return it, will you please shut up and leave my house?" Svetlana quizzed.

"Yeah. But are you gonna join S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Clint questioned.

"Sure." She sighed. "Can I sleep now? I was enjoying looking at nothing."

{849}