| Remember that night ?|

Chapter

Chapter. I
REMEMBER THAT NIGHT ?

Detroit 2019

Tic. tac. Tic. Tac.

The metronome in the room swung from side to side, breaking the ever-present silence between the woman and the man currently inside the office.

One was stretched out full length on the sofa while the woman sat on a leather chair opposite the patient. She stood there, listening as the man tried unsuccessfully to collect his thoughts. It was so confusing in his head.

Usually the woman did not speak to patients over the age of twenty, but this man was her oldest patient. She had followed him since he was fifteen. It was her very first patient, actually.

Although she knew full well that she shouldn't bond with her patients, she couldn't help but worry about him. Not to mention that she felt his lack of emotional stability as a failure.

Where had she failed?

She pressed the ball of her pencil against the page of her notebook, obviously as frustrated with the situation as the patient himself. She pursed her lips as she lifted her head before giving a glance to the young brunet lying on the couch.

"What are you thinking, Alec? An emotion in particular? A memory ?"

"A memory. A feeling of warmth. Familiarity." He listed, enigmatic, letting the brunette therapist transcribe his words into her notebook."What kind of relationship do you have with your mother, doc?"

Jane paused in her writing, clearly taken aback. It was not a rare occurrence that he turned the tables in order to divert attention away from himself, but it was the first time he had asked such a question. A question that had the gift of awakening his therapist's own demons.

The brunette took a breath as she adjusted her black square glasses to the bridge of her nose with the index finger holding her black ink pen before returning her eyes to the young man. She tried to ignore the threatening images that resurfaced in her mind as she thought back to her chaotic past.

It was honestly a miracle that she got to where she was today. Especially after living for so long in a city as roasted as Gotham City. 

She tightened her grip on her pen in spite of herself before sitting up in her chair as she uncrossed her legs just to re-cross her left leg over the right one.

"Why? Is it relevant for you?"

Alec let a small smirk on his lips before tilting his head on the pillow to look at his therapist."Ah, I forgot. No sharing of personal info, uh? "

Jane in turn let a smile curl her lips as she gave him a pointed look."I believe this rule has been broken a long time ago."

"That's exactly what worries me, doc." He replied as he pulled himself into a position before tilting his legs to the floor so he could lean on the back of the couch."I see you even during my psychotic episodes now."