|Leave or Stay|

Chapter V

Chapter V.
|Leave or Stay|

Jane knocked three times on the glass door allowing her to see Rachel curled up on herself. She didn't wait for her answer to enter as she pushed open the door before leaning against the crack with her arms crossed over her chest.

Rachel barely glanced at her as she mumbled under her breath, ashamed."I'm sorry. It's getting worse."

"You don't have anything to be sorry for, Rachel. They act like little boys in a piss fight."Jane defended rolling her eyes, extracting a smirk from Rachel anyway."Boys, really."

However, it wasn't long before she lost her smile again as she returned her eyes to Jane gravely."You're afraid of me."

Jane was about to contradict her before she realized it wasn't like her to lie."I wish I could say no."

"But that would be a lie." She said in a very small, overwhelmed voice."I'm so sorry, Jane."

This time, Jane pushed herself out of the crack, rolling her eyes before settling on the bed next to the moping brunette.

"You know what's important about an apology? You only have to say it once. Otherwise it becomes a lie created from scratch by our brain to try to reassure you."

Rachel left a scoff."Is this your way of comforting me?"

"Nope. If I tried to comfort you then I would be a really bad therapist."Jane informed by giving her a small smile before raising her hand to rest it on her knee. She gave her a light squeeze."But I'm worried about you. I don't know what's happening to you but you are stronger than this thing inside you."

"How do you know that?"

'I know that because you wouldn't try to fight her otherwise."She replied with conviction before tilting her head to the side to meet Rachel's almost disarmingly blue gaze."That thing inside of you, it doesn't dictate your choices. It only happens when you let your guard down. Which means that the light is much stronger than the darkness. And trust me, I know a thing or two about pain and darkness."

Suddenly a slight clearing of the throat shattered their little moment leaving Jane and Rachel to turn their heads towards the source of the noise just to catch a glimpse of Dick watching them sheepishly.

Jane immediately rose from the bed, clenching her jaw before giving the tall brunet a judgmental look as she passed him out of the room."Dickhead."

"Wha-what?"Dick exclaimed as he turned to gauge the brunette walking away in amazement before turning to Rachel while pointing Jane with his finger."Why do I feel like she's mad at me ?"

Rachel immediately gave him a sharp look."That's because she is. And she thinks you're an idiot. Trust me, I can smell that sort of thing."

Jane shook her head at the duo talking about her before she simply walked over to the kitchen.