All was the fault of the fucking Tea!

Chapter VI

Chapter VI.
"All was the fault of the fucking tea!"

"Oh, on the left. Okay, looks like we're here soon."

Dick did exactly as she asked as he maneuvered the porsche into a new intersection before glancing uncertainly at the brunette. Other than giving him directions, she hadn't made a sound. Not since their argument at least.

He wasn't sure why it bothered him so much but the mere fact that he was fooling her into hiding his identity made him uncomfortable. Honestly, this was the first time he had felt some guilt about hiding who he was.

He already knew she wouldn't react well if she ever found out. Despite keeping most of her emotions to herself, Jane was asserting her anger like no other.

It wasn't long before he settled into his curled up position before clearing his throat as he turned up the heat again."Not a fan of the low temperatures, eh?"

Jane narrowed her eyes at the windshield before slowly turning her head to Dick in disbelief."Did you really just push Twilight on me for a moment? Man, you must be really running out of ideas to talk to me."

"I was just trying to make conversation." Dick growled under his breath.

Jane rolled her eyes at the socially unfit brunet before taking pity on him as she sat up in the leather seat with a soft sigh."Remind me to kill that little brat once there. If it weren't for her, I would be sitting on my warm sofa with a nice mug of marshmallow hot chocolate in my hands."

"So you drink hot chocolate."Dick observed with a smirk that was clearly amused by this new piece of information about her.

"What ? Did you doubt it?"Jane replied defiantly.

Dick shrugged his shoulders with a lingering smile on his lips before giving her a sideways, curious look."I didn't think that was your thing. That's all."

"God, I don't even prefer to know how you look at me." Tsiked Jane while shaking her head over the smiling brunet.

"Don't worry. It's much better now. I mean you drink hot chocolate with marshmallow."He teased giving her a smirk letting Jane sketch the beginnings of a smile on her lips.

She looked away before suddenly losing her smile at the sight of their final destination looming before them."Oh, you've got to be kidding me!"

Dick hastily pulled into one of the available spots in the roller skate park parking lot, leaving Jane to break down her expression further at the disco music emerging from the premises.

"What's wrong?"

"A roller scooter? For real?"She exclaimed, showing the establishment with a dismissive wave of her hand before quickly frowning at the sight of Dick's slightly amused expression."Are you laughing at me now?"