Gotham & its own freaks

Chapter VI

Chapter VI.
Gotham & its own freaks

Kill. Me. Now.

Three words.

Three syllables.

It was everything Jane could think of right now as she was once again forced to travel in this uncomfortable car alongside possibly the most boring man in the whole world.

She absently tapped her fingers against the windowsill before suppressing a weak sigh as she rested her elbow on the ledge. She then rested her chin in the crook of her palm so that she could gaze at the outside world in boredom.

Despite the dire situation they found themselves in, she really didn't understand why he was acting so drastically.

Well, maybe she was exaggerating a bit, but still. Dawn was not yet dead. Rachel neither. Well, for all they knew.

Hearing yet another rock tune on the radio, Jane wasted no time in rolling her eyes over too much before leaning sharply to change stations. She searched for a moment for a music that was more or less listenable before nodding her head once she heard a correct note. Which preferably did not irritate her hearing system.

Unfortunately her relief was only short lived as Dick removed a hand from the steering wheel just to tamper with the radio again.

Jane immediately gave the asshole a scandalized look before simply choosing a much more drastic solution this time. She squeezed the button to turn it off harder than necessary before letting herself fall back with a sigh against the leather seat.

She looked back at the outside world again, hoping to savor this moment of peace.

It wasn't long before she clenched her teeth, however, as she saw Dick's hand rise again in the direction of the radio station.

"Don't even think about it." She warns dryly between clenched teeth.

Dick immediately left an incredulous scoff before giving her a sideways glance."You realize we're in my car, right? And I am the one who drives."

"So what? You're the one driving so you choose the music?" Jane replied, giving him a wry look before returning her eyes to the road, shaking her head."Very mature."

"Look who's talking."He scoffed.

"What does that mean ?"

"Really?"Dick asked giving her a sideways glance."Like you don't know what I'm talking about."

Jane rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest with a sigh."Yeah, whatever."

Dick suppressed a semblance of a smile at the brunette's behavior confirming his thoughts before plunging back into his dark memories.

Jane immediately gave the brown look at his lack of response before narrowing her eyes as she saw his expression seeming light years from current reality.