Chapter Four

Dream

Lunch rolled around and as Dream, George, Sapnap and Karl arrived at the table, Quackity was sitting there alongside the rest of their lunch table, a scowl on his face.

Dream grinned as he sat down. "Well, well, it seems like someone's mom forced them to come to school, huh?"

Quackity slapped the blond's forearm. "Shut up."

Dream's smile only widened as the students at the table laughed and teased the ravenette. George whispered something incoherent in the boy's ear, which caused Quackity to scoff and shove the brunet away.

Giggling, George sat down in between Sapnap and Dream. Dream scooted over to give the smaller boy more space and once he sat down, Dream asked quietly, "Do you still want to tell me what happened yesterday after first period?"

George looked away and then back to Dream. "I mean, if you still want to hear it. Nothing terribly horrible."

Dream frowned.

Drowned out by other voices, George whispered, "Really, nothing much. Mrs. Clarkson just told me to see her after class and she said something about me wearing my eyeliner, something like 'Oh, I don't see boys wearing that', or something like that. But it's whatever."

Dream's frown deepened. "Son of a bitch."

George sighed, "Oh just leave it, Dream."

"Yeah, well, she really can't fucking do that. Like seriously, tell a student they can't wear eyeliner because of their gender? Fuck her."

George tapped Dream's nose. "Leave it. Really, whatever. I'm still going to wear it anyway."

Dream smiled. "Good."

The bell rang, once again indicating that lunch break was over. Dream said goodbye to his friends and lazily made it over to his next class.

Only three classes left until the day's over.

Finally, it was the last class, biology, and when Dream entered the room, Corpse and Techno were already sitting at their table.

He smiled and hurried over, dropping his bag on the ground and plopping into the seat.

Corpse lifted his brows. "Someone is... unusually happy at this hour?"

Dream grinned wolfishly. "I have something exciting to do after school! Haven't done it in quite a while, so we'll see how it goes."

Techno tilted his head. "Oh, really? Care to give us a hint?"

Dream rolled his eyes. "I know you two know, don't play dumb now."

Their conversation was cut off by the biology teacher walking in, still finishing his sandwich. "So sorry ladies and gents, forgot that I still had to teach another class before I can relax. I'm going to be honest, I didn't plan for Thursday and Friday so today is going to be a work day, work on whatever you need to, this class or not."

"Thank god," Corpse muttered. "I have so many things that are due at the end of the school day and I've done none."

Techno ruffled his curly black hair. "Of course you didn't, no one's surprised, Corpse."

Corpse bared his teeth before huffing and pulling his computer out of his backpack. Dream pulled out his phone and began swiping and typing away.

Thirty minutes go by until a voice on the intercom comes on. "A lockout has been put in place. This is not a drill, and students and staff will not be able to leave the building until further information."