Chapter Six

that's the werewolves' body shape :), all that changes is their fur color and maybe a few tiny features

------

He pounced, powerful legs pushing himself off of the ground as he collided with a tall skinny figure of a young boy, around fourteen. He fell to the soft dirt wth a yelp of surprise and scrambled to get back onto his feet, but Dream grasped his maw over the boy's shin and he fell again, a silent scream leaving him as Dream shook his head.

Blood sprayed his face, soaking his fur as he twisted his jaw and regripping towards the flank and shoulders. Dream bit between the boy's shoudler blades, tasting the welcoming flesh and then finally releasing and regripping around the neck, where he felt the last breath leave the body beneath him.

Dream panted and lied with his stomach pressed to the boy's back until his breathing evened.

He opened his jaw, eyes scanning over the broken skin and visible muscle. The boy was a mess, but not too bloody nor disgusting. He licked his lips, the metalic taste of blood quickly flowing over his tongue. He shook his head and blood flew everywhere as he stepped away and finally took a look at what he created.

The boy's face was frozen in a silent scream of agony, and every piece of skin was still together until the base of his neck, where Dream's jaw destroyed the skin. His clothing was ripped and skin was broken enough that the skin and ribcage began to show, slick with blood. His one leg was twisted in a torturous angle where he had first bit him and his shin was bloody and messy.

Dream crouched down, teeth closing over the corpse as he began chewing and eating slowly and lazily. If he was purely human, he would have considered this horrendous and unhumanely. But, as a werewolf, this was just his nature.

That was one of the reasons why his best friends couldn't find out.

They couldn't see that deep down, he considered himself a monster.

Only the other werewolves of his lunch table group knew that he was one as well--Techno, Ranboo, Wilbur, and Corpse.

Dream continued to eat until his ears picked up footsteps off in the near distance. He stood up and trotted away into the trees where the shadows and greenery would help him hide as he hurried away from the kill, undetected.

He looked up, and between the trees, he noticed the moon, only half full. Well, it wasn't a full moon tonight, but better safe then sorry.

Werewolves lose almost all of their control when they're forced to shift on a full moon, unlike other times, when they're in the right mind.

And, they look a bit different then the typical wolf. Their paws had the slightest shape of fingers and claws that are meant to fit a monster. Their legs are shaped slightly different. Their hind legs give them the chance to stand up on on two legs, and their forelegs are more flexible with their movement.

Dream headed back to where his car was waiting for him, and as he appeared in the cleared area, he saw Corpse sitting on the hood of his own car, phone in his hand and head ducked low.

Corpse looked up when Dream sat in front of him, yawning and revealing his bloodied mouth.

He tilted his head. "You found food?"

Dream nodded, shoving himself upward as he shifted back into a human and stretched. "Yup, a teen about thirty minutes away from here. Had to run though, I heard something."

Corpse huffed, sliding off the hood and opening the door, putting one foot in. "Well, I'll see you at school?"

Dream nodded again, waving his goodbyes before heading to his car, hopping in lazily and yawning as he started it, pulling away from the forest and driving into the gentle night, the sound of nothing threatening to lull him to sleep right there, inside his car.