Chapter Thirty - Two

Dream woke up cold and alone. George was there no more, save for the mere gentle scent left.

Another smell entered his nose, and his head quickly lifted from the cold ground when he realized it was meat.

Probably animal meat, but it would do.

The bloody chunk was lying in front of what looked like a little door in the thick iron bars.

He stood up to full height and stretched, maw parting in an enormous yawn and crouched down to walk to the meat on four legs.

He tore the muscle and guts and bone apart with his nails and dropped it into his awaiting jaws, swallowing with a grimace.

Well, that was probably why he wasn’t able to smell what animal it came from. It was days away from spoiling.

“Dream!”

A familiar voice quietly shouted.

The werewolf lifted his head, ears immediately perking up and tail wagging like an excited dog.

Wilbur! Dream exclaimed.

Wilbur smiled. He was dressed the same as the men and women who seemed to work here. “Yeah, hi buddy. I managed to get out of my cell. Yours is the one closest to mine, so I’m gonna get you out first.”

Dream looked over at the door held together with a lock. You have a key?

Wilbur lifted a hand with over a dozen keys dangling from a chain. “I’ll get it at some point.”

Dream rolled his eyes as he sat back and watched Wilbur. He drifted into thoughts until one snapped him back into reality.

Wilbur, he growled.

“What?” He asked. “That was unnecessarily aggressive.”

Tonight’s a full moon.

Wilbur paused. “Well, shit. I forgot.”

Dream grinned wickedly, exposing teeth that glistened with the blood of the meat given to him. Don’t worry about it, I think these… scientists? are going to have a treat.

He paused, thinking, before giving an excited huff. You know what; I have a better idea. The scientists—police—whatever they are, aren’t going to feed us anymore, so they probably won’t check our cells.

Wilbur frowned. “I’m not entirely following.”

Leave our cells unlocked, and tell everyone else to stay in their own. Dream continued. They’ll get a little surprise tonight.

Wilbur then mimicked his wicked grin, only humanly. “That’s such a terrible idea, I love it.”

Dream huffed and began shifting. “Can you watch the corridors for a second? I need to tell George.”

Wilbur’s grin flipped. “Why tell him? His dad’s in here and I don’t know how he likes the idea of murder.”

As Dream pulled his phone out, he said, “Well, I have to warn him don’t I? What if he’s here tonight?”

Only a sigh was his response.

George picked up the phone quickly. “Dream! Oh my god, hi!”

Dream gave a light laugh. “Hey, love. How are ya doing?”

“I should be asking you that.”

Dream huffed. “Okay, well, I think we have an idea on how to get out of here.”

His eyes jerked over to Wilbur. The tall boy’s ears twitched, he was listening.

“Okay…” George said slowly. “What is it?”

Dream leaned back against a white wall nonchalantly. He bent a leg and chewed on a bone lazily. He said, “Have you noticed it’s been a while since the last full moon?”

“Babe-“

“Well, it has,” Dream cut in sweetly. “And guess what; today’s the day.”

“A full moon,” George confirmed.

Dream hummed. “Exactly, love. And we’re using it to our advantage. But, the reason why I had to call is to ask, are you here?”

Wilbur tilted his head forward. Dream shot him a glare. Wilbur bared his teeth.

“No, I’m not,” George said quietly.

Dream gave a sigh of relief. “Good. Now, love, I want you to stay there until tomorrow morning, hell- maybe even afternoon, okay?”

Quiet.

“Love?”

“Yeah, yeah okay, I will,” George said.

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Good, I love you. I’ll see you soon, I swear,” Dream said.

“I love you too,” George whispered.

Wilbur smiled as Dream put his phone away. “As much as I loved how adorable that was, you need to shift before someone walks down these halls.”

Dream sighed and slumped over, dragging himself down until he was sat against the wall. “Yeah, but I want to enjoy a couple hours as a man, because I don't think I’ve ever been a wolf for that long.”

Wilbur chewed on his lip and opened his mouth to speak, but as the sentence ran through his head, he seemed to understand. “Yeah, you’re right. Just be careful. I’m going to the other cells.”

Dream nodded as the other werewolf left with undetected steps.

He sat down and waited.

———

Pain suddenly shot through his body. He gasped and stumbled to his feet as his legs became too tall and too big for his body.

His clothing ripped as his shoulders hunched over and then stretched as he spread his arms out and threw his head back to let his jaws unhinge into something monstrous.

A roar left those jaws as his eyesight changed and his mind screamed for blood and murder.

Dream bent over on four legs to stalk over to the door, and just like Wilbur had said, the door was unlocked.

He threw it open and the hinges creaked with the strength.

He stepped out slowly, snarling with his lips peeled and saliva dripping down his chin and onto the floor.

One by one, howls echoed up and down the halls as more and more of the pack transformed, and he joined in, racing through the corridors for revenge.

~~~~~~~~~

so sorry for these slow updates :( ive lost interest in this book but im determined to finish it for you guys <3

but i promise i have so many ideas for upcoming books :)

remember i love you guys- lupa