Chapter Nineteen

Dream growled, a deep rumble in his chest. He lowered his head and crouched down so he was on all fours. His teeth were bared and his lips twitched with each sound reverberating in his chest.

"Holy fuck," Sapnap said. His eyes were wide with fear and surprise.

He took a step forward. Dream growled a warning. His nose twitched as he smelled the humans in front of him. Oh how he could just get all of them right then and there, but something inside his mind was off, the very, very small human part of his mind.

"Sapnap, don't," Karl warned.

"Why?"

"Because you're going to get yourself killed."

Dream's eyes snapped to Karl and he tilted his head, the growl still rumbling through his chest. He stepped forward, rising back up to his hind legs. Karl gulped, yet he held his ground.

Dream lowered his head so his wet nose was only inches from Karl's forehead. He huffed and snapped his jaws.

Before he could do anything else, a rustle and a scrambled thud caused Dream's head to jerk around with a snarl. Another human scent.

The human, unrecognizable, stared at him with wide eyes, frozen.

Dream didn't think, he only leaped. Clawed hands grabbed his body and he tore into the human's chest, teeth already aiming for the heart.

Behind him, he heard the gasps of horror and hushed whispers, which were quickly followed by the scramble of footsteps scuttling away. He knew they had run away, probably in fear.

Unconcerned, Dream continued digging into the human's chest until he hit the heart. He tugged, chewing happily with happy growls.

When he heard movements in the trees, he raised his head to find Techno and Corpse heading towards him, mouths already covered in blood.

Dream huffed and continued to tear into the body. Flesh hung from his mouth, and every so often, dropped at his feet when the muscle and skin was too thin to hold.

Corpse stalked over on four legs, black pelt blending in with the shadows of the trees. He bent his head to where the other humans were a few minutes ago. He sniffed. He raised his head and tilted it, one ear flopped for a second.

Dream gave his best attempt at a shrug with his huge shoulders. He went back to eating until only bones were left, ignoring the hard stare that Techno was giving him.

Once only the human's bones were left, he sniffed again, catching the scents of other humans. He growled excitedly and shoved himself into a run, towards the smell.

He caught sight of a small human, a small girl. He pounced, grasping onto her and they crashed on the ground. Dream quickly got up to his feet and pounced again. His jaws clamped down on his neck and almost immediately, her body fell lifeless.

With a wolfish grin, Dream let go, and managed to flip her over so he could tear into her chest and search for the heart.

He tore it out, chewing loudly before stepping away and looking up at the sky.

------

Dream yawned as he opened his eyes. Immediately, he groaned as he looked around to find himself surrounded by torn flesh and bones. He must've ran far away because he did not remember falling asleep or anything.

He looked at himself and sighed. No clothes, yay. And he really didn't want to walk around naked, so he transformed again.

A transformation where he still had his human mind and thoughts and instincts.

He hurried, falling into a trot as he sniffed the air, finally finding a way out of wherever he was in the forest.

He soon made it to his neighborhood and he quickly hopped into his backyard and hurried inside his home before anyone could see.

He snuck upstairs, well aware that it was still early.

Stepping into the bathroom and looking at the mirror, he scanned his appearance.

His mouth was just red. Blood still slowly dripped from his lips, and when he curled them to reveal his teeth, his slightly elongated and pointed canines were glimmering with blood.

His hair was wild and a complete mess. Blood was also drying on the strands.

Honestly, and simply, his entire body was covered in blood.

The shower was cold when he stepped inside. The water turned red as it fell off his body and hair, and it drained.

He washed his hair thoroughly, making sure to get all the blood out.

His shower was a good twenty minutes until he stepped out and dried himself with the towel, wrapping it around his waist as he stepped into his room and grabbed a simple crew neck and sweatpants.

Dream grabbed his phone off the counter and quickly searched through his contacts and clicked on Karl.

It took a second for the boy to pick up, but he did.

Dream rambled immediately. "I'm sorry, I should've told you how I act when it's a full moon. I should've warned you at least. I'm sorry. I know I scared the shit out of you guys. I don't know how you guys are doing--after seeing me, uh, I--"

"Dream!" Karl said. "Shush, calm down, please. Let me speak."

Dream chewed on his bottom lip.

"It's fine, honestly, yeah, you scared the shit out of me, but the others are still pretty much in shock," he continued. "Uh, Quackity thinks it's cool, dude. He's still shocked, but he thinks it's cool, though he's kind of scared. Sapnap currently hates you because you didn't tell him, or us. I'm fine, but uh, George is reacting a bit differently."

Dream ran a hand down his face and sighed. "What's wrong?"

"He's scared, Dream. And, he knows that werewolves are real, and his dad is working on this case, and... his dad has silver bullets, or the precinct does now, too," Karl said.

Dream frowned. "How?"

Silence.

Another sentence, not what he wanted. "You should go talk to George, later today. He... he liked you, you know. Like how you like him, this might have fucked it up."

He was not prepared for that.

Dream spluttered, "'I- what?"

"Yeah, you heard me. It might take him a second to not fear you, or to trust you."

Dream shook off the thought for the moment. "Answer my question, Karl. How does George's dad's precinct have silver bullets? That can kill me. That they somehow managed to get, and probably without even having a thought that they're hunting us, werewolves."

Silence. Again.

"Karl," Dream growled, aware that it sounded animalistic.

A sigh. One more pause. And then.

"Fine, after you guys all left, I gave George a box.. Full of bullets... silver bullets, and told him to give them to his dad."

Shock.

Pure shock.

Anger.

And... hurt.