Wattpad Original
There are 32 more free parts

Chapter 1

TO THE READER: I am so, so excited and GRATEFUL to announce that My Brother's Best Friend will be launching as a paid story with Wattpad on August 31st, 2022!

This story is also available on YONDER, your next-generation reading app from the Wattpad family. 

From billionaire stories to werewolves galore, you name it, all of your favorite tropes are in one place. Curated content is right at your fingertips, and I'm so excited to announce that My Brother's Best Friend was selected to be part of this launch. 

Join YONDER today! https://yonder.onelink.me/6vpb/46a0c21e

Thank you so much to everyone who supported and read this entire series. I wouldn't have gotten these opportunities without you, and this is just as much your victory as it is mine.

Xoxo,

Deanna

Maddie

I just need to graduate.

That's all I need to do.

How on earth am I supposed to do that with all of the racket downstairs?

I peek outside my blinds at the party going on down below, taking a quick break from the textbook sitting on my lap. All of my brother's friends are in the backyard having a grand old time, tons of beer cans littered around on the grass.

Some girl is currently running her fingers through my brother's blonde shaggy hair, his hand gripping firmly onto her ass.

Gross.

I told him we shouldn't have had this party—more like he shouldn't have had this party. I've never been the type to go against our parent's orders, and they strictly said no parties while they were gone for the weekend of their anniversary.

With the music blaring in my room, even with the windows closed, I let out an irritated sigh and slam my textbook shut. There's no way in hell I'm ever going to be able to study for this test with them being so loud.

Is it that hard to be quiet?

In just pajama pants and a tank top, I quickly rush downstairs and throw open the sliding glass door, eyes blazing as attention turns to me.

Ethan's eyebrows raise toward me, playing dumb as to why I'm so angry.

I snap at the sound system on our patio and instruct with my hands for him to turn it down since he wouldn't be able to hear me otherwise. I don't even know how our neighbors haven't called the cops yet honestly.

The music ceases immediately, an awkward silence falling over the party. "Yes, Maddie?" My brother asks, a devilish smile toying on his lips.

"I'm trying to study," I explain, but even when I say it I realize how much of a nerd I sound. Snickers erupt in front of me, and suddenly I begin to feel like an idiot for wearing pajamas down here.

Jennifer and Sadie, captains of the cheerleading squad, are looking at me like I have two heads in their short mini skirts and crop tops. My cheeks grow red, my gaze immediately falling to the grass at my feet.

"Why don't you have a drink?" Ethan grabs a beer from the cooler and passes one over to me. It's wet and cold in my hands, the object unfamiliar. "Maybe then you won't be such a bore."

Jennifer bites her lip to keep from laughing at my brother's corny joke, her perfectly painted nails clutching onto his bicep like she's afraid he'll leave her. He probably will. He's never had a girlfriend for a reason.