Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Storm!."

I opened my eyes as my mother yelled up the stairs, waking me from my dreamless sleep. I groaned out loud as I looked at the clock on my cell phone. 8.15am, shit I was going to be late.

"Storm you better hurry up, Jax just pulled up." My mother yelled up the stairs. I flew out of bed and into the bathroom raking my brush through my jet black hair, before brushing my teeth. Thank god I picked out my clothes the night before which I had made a habit due to this very reason. After changing I ran down the stairs into the kitchen, grabbing an apple on the way, and then pecking my mum on the cheek before I headed for the front door.

"Have a good day honey." My mum said smiling.

"You too mum, bye!" I yelled back as I ran out the door.

As I looked over to Jax's car he was sitting there with a smirk on his face, just like every other morning when I was late. Yup I guess I could definitely say I was not a morning person.

"Hey Jax." I said as I jumped into his car.

"If I had a dollar for every time you were late I'd be rich." Jax said laughing.

"Yeah yeah, well one more week and school will be finished, and then I can sleep in all I want." I gladly stated.

At the end of this year we would be going to college, which meant a new town, new people and a lot more independence on my part. It was exciting and scary to think about leaving the comfort of my parent's home and going out on my own, of course I'd still have Jax with me though so I wasn't worried too much.

We pulled into the student car park and Jax parked in our usual spot.

"What exam have you got today?" Jax asked as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Just English and then all my exams are completed, you?" I asked him as we made our way into the school.

"Computer science and then history." He replied as if it didn't faze him.

I knew Jax would fly through his exams; he was the most intelligent person I knew. Not that I would ever tell him that, he had a big enough head as it was. Our dad bought Jax's first car for him when he turned fifteen but the next day Jax sold it and invested the cash into his own on-line advertising business which now brings in more than my parent's income put together. To say my dad was pissed about the car was an understatement, but eventually my dad stopped talking about it which was probably due to the fact that Jax earned more than him. You wouldn't think it from looking at him though. Jax was your typical badass hottie that everyone wanted to be friends with. He was a lot taller than me averaging six foot compared to my five foot two inches; with a ripped body, almost aqua green eyes, and an all over olive tan complexion that didn't go pale in the winter.

He was my best friend and I loved him as if he was my brother.

He also knew my biggest secret and I knew his.

Jax and I were from the same orphanage. When we first moved to this town people used to ask us about it all the time, but eventually we had been here so long people just stopped asking. When I was younger and kids would tease me about it, Jax always sorted them out and not in a nice way either. Let's just say Jax was always in trouble while we were growing up.

When we were taken to the orphanage we were both six years old. Some hikers found us out in the forest all by ourselves with nothing but the clothes on our backs and Jax's kyanite stone necklace. I always thought his necklace looked like a moon that was broken in half but it had some other lines carved into it as well. We didn't have the other half so we never knew what the carving was supposed to be.