Chapter 6

Chapter 6

What a rush, this feels nearly as good as running in my wolf form I thought as we sped along the road following the coast line. I had my arms around Rex's waist and my head lay on his left shoulder blade blocking the wind from my face so I could stare out at the ocean. It was beautiful.  I was so mesmerised by the view I didn't even notice we had slowed down until we were pulling into the lot outside the Surf Cafe.

"Hungry?" Rex asked as he parked the bike.

"Mmm yes, this is my favourite place to eat.  I can already taste the hot chocolate sundaes." I replied while I attempted to get off the bike nearly face planting in the process.

Rex reached out and grabbed my waist, pulling me into his chest so I didn't fall. My face was inches from his, our lips nearly touching as I stared into his beautiful honey coloured eyes. I could feel his heart pumping against my chest and was certain he could feel mine as well.

"Are your legs a bit numb?" He asked still holding me.

 I couldn't even process his question while we were so close.  I could feel his warm minty breath across my lips as he spoke. I was still staring into his eyes when a small smile spread across his lips.

 "What?" I whispered not trusting my voice.

 "Your legs, sometimes they go numb after riding on a bike." He replied in husky tone.

 "Oh, um yeah, they feel like jelly." I replied while I slowly pushed away from his chest then taking a step back so he could get off the bike. He walked around his bike and put his arm around my shoulder.

 "You want to walk a bit jelly legs or get something to eat?" He asked looking down at me grinning.

 I let out my breath that I didn't even realise I had been holding so glad that he had already lightened the mood.

 "Food please, I'm starving." I said placing my hands on my stomach.

"Inside or out?" He asked when we walked into the diner.

 "Out." I replied making my way over to the outside deck.

We sat at a table in the far corner away from everyone else.  We had been sitting for no longer than a minute when a middle-aged waitress approached us.

 "Hi, can I take your order?" She asked looking from Rex to me.

 "I'll have the Steak, eggs and chips please with a salad on the side." Rex answered straight away.

"Sure hun, medium for your steak?" she asked him while she wrote his order on her notepad.

 "Rare if you don't mind." He replied looking at me.

 "Rare it is, and what about you darling." She asked giving me a warm smile.

 "Um I'll have a double cheese burger with fries and a hot chocolate sundae to follow please." I answered smiling back.

 I saw Rex raise his eyebrow with a smirk but I chose not to look at him.

"Drinks?" the waitress asked looking between Rex and me.

"Coke" we answered at the same time.

 "Coming right up." The waitress replied as she walked away.

 We had been sitting in a comfortable silence for just a few minutes, both watching the waves hit the shore when Rex finally spoke.

"So does your brother know you're with me?" He asked still staring out at the waves.

 I began to shuffle in my seat not quite comfortable with his question.  I didn't want to talk about Jax right now, it would just make me feel guilty.