Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Shit! What's the time?" Jax asked me as we stood in line to pay for my new pair of sun glasses.

"Calm down Jax. It's only twelve thirty. You've still got plenty of time," I replied, with a smile as I grabbed my new glasses off the counter.

"I'm supposed to be meeting Mitchell now," Jax told me as he began making his way out of the store. "Hurry up Storm." Jax stopped and whined just before exiting.

"I'm coming!" I yelled at him as he walked out the door.

I made my way out of the store and ran after Jax to catch up with him just as Mitchell came around a corner and into view.

"Jax! My man, I've been looking for you everywhere," Mitchell yelled with his right hand in the air, while his left pulled a small cart, containing his luggage.

"Sorry man. Just doing a bit of shopping," Jax replied as they slapped their hands together, ending in a shake.

I rolled my eyes as I stood there watching as grins spread across both of their faces.

"Hey Storm," Mitchell said with a goofy grin.

"Hey Mitchell. Excited than?" I asked him, happily.

"Hell yes. We're going to cause havoc over there; right brother?" Mitchell replied, with a smirk.

"Just try and stop me. Come on we better go, we don't want to miss our flight," Jax told Mitchell as he began making his way towards gate three.

I couldn't help, but smile as I followed behind Jax and Mitchell, who were talking excitedly to each other. I could tell Jax was really looking forward to his trip and I was glad. He really deserved it.  We reached the gate faster than I thought and I began to feel nervous. I would be alone soon.

"Well this is it," Jax said turning towards me, as we stood in front of the ticket counter. I couldn't go any further with Jax and Mitchell.

"I guess so," I said, smiling.

"I'll see you next week Storm," Jax said, pulling me into a quick hug, before pulling away.

Mitchell was watching and waiting during our exchange which is probably why Jax never said too much.

"Have fun Jax; you too Mitchell," I said as I stepped back from Jax's embrace.

Mitchell nodded his head before turning and handing his ticket to the young brunette behind the counter, while Jax and I stared each other down.

"Be safe little sis." Jax's voice filled my head.

"I will; I promise. Now go have some fun you big jerk." I pushed him playfully towards the counter, before pecking him on the cheek and walking away.

I walked towards the big glass windows that showed the runway and sat down on one of the chairs. I still had a while to wait before my flight and I wanted to watch Jax and Mitchell's plane fly away. I had been sitting there for about twenty minutes when Jax's plane came into view, slowly making its way out onto the run way. The plane was huge. I peered at the little windows, hoping to catch a glimpse of Jax or Mitchell but they must have been sitting on the other side of the plane because I couldn't see them. My heart started to pick up a beat as the plane began to glide down the runway at top speed. I pressed my hands against the window as I watched anxiously for the plane to lift off the ground and take Jax away to a foreign place, leaving me behind.

I don't know how long I stood at the window staring out at the sky. I was so lost in thought that I barely noticed my surroundings. There were people everywhere making noise as they made their way to and from their flights, but I hardly heard them. I hated this feeling. I hated being alone.