Chapter 3

Chapter 3

 That was the question of my life. Where are your parents? Along with where did you come from?

And the thing is I just didn't know. I have tried all my life to remember what happened before we were found and I just never could. The moment I started talking again when I was eight, I was made to see a therapist. They asked me these two same questions over and over until eventually I just stopped going. If you read my case file it states that I was withdrawn and had suffered serious trauma resulting in memory loss or temporary memory loss. So in other words some bad shit happened before I was found and my little six year old brain blocked everything out. The only things I could remember was my birthday and name. I knew Jax remembered even though he never ever let on he did. I could just tell he was lying.

I used to ask him all the time, but he would tell me the same thing he told everyone else. I remember the last time I asked him we were twelve and Jax just snapped.

"Please Jax tell me. I know you remember, I want to know."

"Leave it Storm; I don't know anything. I've told you time and time again so drop it."

"You're lying! I know you are. I can see it in your face whenever we talk about it, just tell me." I screamed back at him.

"Don't tell me what to do Storm! I don't know anything!" he growled at me shaking.

I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. His eyes started to shift from green to black and his teeth seemed like they were receding in and out. And that's when it happened; he shifted. I found myself in front of a huge black wolf and Jax was gone. I never asked him again after that or questioned him about his wolf. For some reason it just felt right that he turned into a wolf that I didn't need to question it. I won't lie. When it happened I was scared shitless, but it felt normal.

I shifted six months later on my thirteenth birthday.

"Storm." Rex leaned forward and touched my hand.

I looked down at his hand and back up to his face. I knew I was blushing. He was touching my hand and had just pulled me out of my daydream. I don't know how long I spaced out for and I blushed even harder when I realised he must of sat there staring at me the whole time.

"Sorry I...I..." I stuttered.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. Look I'm here for a couple more days. Please can I see you again? I think I can help explain things to you better. It's not safe to be by yourself."

"I'm not by myself." I blurted out.

Shit I shouldn't have said that. Surprise showed on his face and then suspicion.

"What do you mean? So you are rogue? Who are you running with?" He growled.

He looked angry. He kept glaring at me and checking around the diner. I didn't know if I should tell him about Jax. I mean he hadn't threatened me and my wolf seemed content to be sitting here. He said he could explain and deep down I needed to know.

"Running with? I'm not running with anyone. Jax and I well, it's just us."

At that moment Jax entered my head. "Where are you?"

Damn. Why did he have to link with me right now? After I shifted I could mind link with Jax. I always loved that we could do this because whenever I needed him he was always there, but this is one of the situations I wish we couldn't link together or that I could pretend I was out of range like a cell phone. But it didn't work like that. If I didn't answer he would keep muttering in my head until I did and if I blocked him out he would just get mad and come looking for me.

"I'll be home soon; I'm just leaving Kate's." I lied. I couldn't tell him where I was because it would give his birthday away. I looked up to see Rex trying to read my face again. Great, I hope he didn't notice me linking with Jax. I don't even know if other wolves can link with each other or if it was just me and Jax.

"Who were you talking too?" Rex asked.

Shit well there goes that hope. At first I thought about acting dumb, but I knew he would see right through it. I really wanted to stay and ask a hundred and one more questions, but I was getting that nagging feeling you get when you know your doing something wrong. Like when your parents tell you to be home at nine and you don't go home till it's eleven.

"My brother; I have to go." I replied as I got up out of my seat.

"Wait!  Give me your number. I want to see you again."

Should I give him my number? Staring into his eyes I was mesmerized for a second. He really was handsome. I looked away blushing like crazy and I could hear my heart beating which made me blush even more because I knew he would be able to hear it as well. I hesitated for a minute, but then thought to myself why not? I really did want to see him again and not just because he was making my heart race either. Mainly because I needed to know any information he had about what we are and maybe, just maybe, he could give me answers about my past.

Authors note: You made it to chapter 3! Thank you for reading. BUT Please do not continue to read my story if you're not liking it. Don't get half way and say bitchy little comments. (Because you will only annoy me for being a fruitcake and continuing to read it when you don't like it.) The story is nearly finished and will not be changed so if you don't like it stop reading now.