Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I felt like I was drifting through the air, the smell of blood, sweat and Jax filling my nose.

“Jax?” I croaked my eyes shut firmly tight.

“It’s ok Storm just rest,” Jax’s deep voice said quietly.

“Am I dreaming Jax? Or did you finally come back,” I said as I opened my eyes a little, shutting them quickly when the sun shone into them.

“I’m really here little sis,” Jax said, his voice sounded on edge and a sighed released his lips with disappointment.

“I missed you Jax,” I replied as I drifted back off to sleep.

“She needs medical treatment you idiot! At least let me in,” Kitana’s pissed off voice drifted down the hall way and into my room.

I sat up quickly, wincing in pain as my hip protested from the movement. I lifted the covers of my duvet and looked down at my small naked body. It was a mess. I had a deep gash on the side of my hip and several bite marks along my stomach and thighs. I lifted my arms and winced when one of the opened wounds brushed against the soft, warm blanket that was covering me.

“Fine, but I don’t want him in here,” Jax stated firmly.

I wondered who the ‘him’ could be and my best guess was that it would be Mikah. I sat up slowly, releasing my breath quickly as a sharp pain shot up my back.

“Arrggh,” I groaned out loud in pain.

“Lie down Storm. Don’t try to move so much,” Kitana said as she rushed into my room and gently held me under each of my arms and placed me back in bed.

“I need to talk to Jax,” I replied, letting her cover me back up to hide my naked frame.

“You mean tall dark and handsome with a side dish of anger management?” Kitana snorted as she began taking various things from her brown satchel.

“Yeah sounds about right. Where’s Mikah?” I asked again as I looked down at my fingers noticing that my nails were filled with dried blood.

“He is outside wrestling with Rex. Your brother doesn’t want him in here,” Kitana said as she lifted one of my arms and began smearing a murky white cream all of my wounds.

“What is that?” I asked as the cold cream sunk into my skin.

“Alpha balm.” Kitana smiled. “Well at least that’s what I call it. It’s mainly an antiseptic cream but it does have the Alpha’s saliva in it as well; it speeds up the healing process,” Kitana shrugged indifferently.

“Gross.”

I heard a knock at my front door and sat up to go answer it, but Kitana pushed me back down.

“It will just be Rex or Mikah. I’m sure tall, dark and handsome can get it since he’s standing in the sitting room, pacing back and forward,” Kitana told me as she moved onto my next arm and continued to rub the Alpha balm over my wounds.

“Rex is back?” I asked quietly as I listened to the knocking that was still coming from the front door. I heard Jax sigh loudly and then his heavy footsteps pounding on the floor as he paced back and forward.

“Yeah he just got back into town when everything happened. I’m sure glad he showed up when he did.” Kitana’s eyes went big and she began to rub her throat with her hand.

“Piss off!” I heard Jax yell from the sitting room.

“You’re hurt as well.” I said as I moved Kitana’s chin up slightly so I could get a better look at the dark purple bruise that was wrapped around her entire neck. “It’s a hand mark.” I gasped with disbelief.