Part 3 infatuation

Blues diner I don't own this photo

November 4th 2002

Jamie POV

I had come into the diner every night since Halloween looking for the girl I hope she hadn't left town or some s*** like that I found out through a friend that when she came to town she has stayed in a shelter for runaways I wonder what kind of parents wouldn't come for their kid she had only been there 2 months before she aged out. I knew she stayed in the piercing lounge not too far from blues diner before my shift I decided to stop by to check on her. The lounge was safe enough but like any place it had his demons it was notorious for prostitution and drugs me and Craig have been a part of a few bus that we had done at the lounge as well. I pulled up and hopped out the vehicle a lot of the pedestrians stared over at me in uniform. I took the stairs to room 1A then I knocked on the door but got no response. There was a man standing not too far from the room he looked very shifty I knocked again louder this time I didn't like how the situation was reading I still got no response I was just about to bust through the door when Farrah pulled it open I stared at her remnants of the bruise on her cheek lingered but otherwise she looked fine in her waitressing uniform she had a fanny pack around her slender waist the earphones to her Walkman hung around her neck. Deputy Jamie what are you doing here she asked me I smiled down at her five two frame and said I came to check up on you squirt you haven't been to work lately I got worried. I rubbed at the back of my neck nervously hoping she wouldn't think of me as a stalker or some s*** like that oh thank you but I just needed a few days to recover she said staring down. Well hey since I was on my way to the diner anyhow you mind if I give you a ride I asked she not at eagerly and locked up the room I held her hand as we walked down the stairs. When we got into the car she thanked me again I smiled over at her causing her to admit the most beautiful giggle I had ever heard it's my job squirt I said. No really I'm going to bake you a pie or something like that what do you like pie cake I can bake both or cookies she rambled on whatever you want to cook me squirt that'll be fine I said to her. That brought an even bigger smile to her face. The scent of her strawberry perfume or body wash wafted through my nose couldn't control my hands anymore I reached over and gently touched the side of her cheek that was bruised you sure you're fine does that hurt I asked . She took her head causing one of the strands of her curly hair to fall down into her face no it's fine I've had worse deputy Jamie. Just call me Jamie when we're not around people okay and what do you mean you have worse I asked. I don't really want to talk about it dep-I mean Jamie. I let it go for now because for one I was late clocking in for my shift and for two we had pulled up to the diner thanks again come by and I'll have that pie ready for you okay Jamie. I watched her beautiful body as she walked on into the diner.