Part 8 trouble

Christmas Eve 2002 

Farah POV

I am getting with excitement as I do prep work for Christmas dinner tomorrow with Harry's wife Jennifer Williams wife Millie and Don's girlfriend Celeste. Jennifer and Millie are nice and quite good Cooks but Celeste seems more like a gossip than anything and she uses the Bible as a weapon not in a good way. I'm not certain why she even showed up at my house she hasn't even cooked a thing she sits filing her nails and sipping from a flask in the kitchen. Millie is the first to notice the ring on my finger oh congratulations she's loud and Italian she met William online and flew from New York to be with him Jennifer is up next grabbing at my hand to look at the I've been with pride at the ring that Jamie got for me. Celeste  steps over as though it is a nuisance so you guys aren't going to try and get married at the church right celeste assumes. Well it's still new and we're still planning so I'm not sure why I asked both Jennifer and Millie give Celeste a stern look but she responds anyhow well the church here doesn't take too kindly to same-sex marriage is all she says smugly. Good to know I say cheerfully not wanting her to see that she's got me down. Her face scrunches up into a scowl and she goes back and sits on the stool next to her flask. We work for half the day and then we go into the living room to watch some reality TV it's become a new hobby for me since I haven't been to work. By 4:00 the girls are leaving and we make plans on when we will meet at at James's house to finish cooking Christmas dinner. Jamie comes in about 5:00 along with her partner Craig he no longer looks at me like I'm a piece of meat since my stomach is protruding and I'm grateful for that. He does however come home whenever Jamie will allow him to come over to have some home cooked dinner. Today I made roasted chicken with orange sauce and my own brand of shrimp fried rice for dessert I made Jamie's favorite the chocolate cake. Craig's eyes light up when they see the food on the table. Jamie gives me our usual kiss on the cheek and that makes me sit down so that she can fix the plate for me. She piles the plate high as usual and I tell her it's too much but she won't hear it the food is delicious so for the next few minutes all that can be heard is our forks and spoons clinging on the dishes Craig leaves shortly after with the plate of leftovers to take home. A debate whether or not to tell Jamie about what Celeste said earlier my conscience wins out so when she steps out of the shower I told her everything that was said while we were prepping food. Jamie sits next to me on the bed Celeste is a drunk but she is right father Brennan probably will refuse to marry us but we could always do something in the next town over if you want to get married at the church or there's always Vegas she said wiggling her eyebrows I've never been to Vegas I say. what about Jamaica I say she beams even harder at me Jamaica sounds nice but I'm not sure my dad would want to go that far okay how about how about Florida or California somewhere with a nice Beach that's doable Jamie said sorry I said anything about Celeste I say to her I just didn't want you to be blindsided at dinner tomorrow if she said anything Jamie pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head I'm glad you said something I would have been upset if you didn't never be afraid to tell me anything okay Farah. Okay well then I have another thing to tell you I say to her.

**Heck of a cliffhanger huh don't worry you'll find out what it is in the next part***