-Chap:6

I was currently working in my office which was located outside of my boss’s big office. Today there wasn’t much work, I was just dealing with some emails.

My eyes read the sentence once I was finished writing it.

We have received your package. Charmeuse, Organza and Tussar silk is delicately soft to touch and is perfect for the dresses we are designing. Thank you for sending these. The money has been send and the receipt of the transaction is attached. Please find it below. We will get back to you for further details.

After putting my name in, I send the email to our dealer. Who provided us with fabrics from around the world.

“Esme?,” A voice called me from behind, making me spin on my chair and look up at them.

It was Bethany, my co-worker. She worked with me.

“Yes, Beth?” I said with a smile on my face.

“We all going out for coffee. Want to join?” she asked, buttoning up her long coat.

My head moved towards the right where the window was located I watched as snowflakes fall from the sky.

“But it’s cold,” I stated looking at the snowflakes falling free like rain drops.
She giggled, making me look at her with confusion.

“Of course it’s winter. It will be cold that’s why we are going out for coffee to warm us up. It’s not like we are doing here anything. It will be fun hanging out,” and that’s how her train started.
She was a bubbly person and talkative but I enjoyed her presence.

Nodding my head, I wrapped up my work and turned off the laptop. Quickly went to the washroom to look at myself, my hair was alright. But my lipstick was nowhere to be seen. I took out lipstick from my mini makeup bag and applied some to my lips and cheeks. Satisfied with my look, I walked to find them waiting for me. Grabbing my coat and bag, I followed them out. They all came to a halt, watching the snow. I stopped mid-step in wrapping my neck with a woollen muffler.

I took in the scenery in front of me, people were standing on the sidewalk and watching the first snow of the year. They smiled from ear to ear and stretched their hands out to catch snowflakes. The combination of dim yellow lights and white lights against the dark curtain of the night felt surreal, while snow fell from the sky like small cotton pieces which glowed in the light of the buildings and streets. The cars which were parked outside had snowflakes sprinkled on them which seemed like frosting on the road. The charcoal black road was nowhere to be found as the white snow make its room over it. It was like snowflakes were waiting to be caught, they landed in my hand softly. But my mind was somewhere else.

The snowy day always reminded me of my past. The day I almost died. I remember that day like it happened yesterday.

                              .......

Flashback :

I was out with my friends hanging out in a special club where only elite people could come and here the rules were different. The age doesn’t matter, the main rule was no commoners were allowed.

I was happily dancing and enjoying my day but when I caught someone oddly familiar. I frowned as I made my way towards them, the side profile of the guy looked familiar. I put my drink on the tray that the waiter was carrying around as I advanced. My eyes fixated on the couple as I took steady steps toward them. Unaware that someone was gauging at them and coming their way, they continued sucking each other faces. I didn’t even need to pretend that I was looking at them, I straight up walked to them and yanked the guy off from the girl who seemed to be in a daze.