-Chap: 7

Right now, I was fighting the urge to drink cold soda as I stood in front of the vending machine. Ten minutes ago, I took a detour from the restaurant to the vending machine which I found on my way. After all the crying and frustration, I felt hot from within so the only thing that can soothe the flames was a freezing beer or soda.
And you ask why I was hesitating?
Because from the past few days I have been chugging free cold soda like a cow, which our office provided for cheaper rate. That had my throat aching that now it was becoming hard for me to drink water without feeling discomfort.

Emotions don't control me. I control them. I thought to myself.

Jokes on me. I got ENFJ on my MBTI test, who are known to be emotional. My thoughts can be easily influenced by what I am feeling. But my rational side can override it and stops me from doing things I will regret later.

Not always!

Being an ENFJ or what so ever. I was a girl who is controlled by her emotions.

So to hell with it. I thought making my mind, pushing the coins in and punching in the button.

My life isn't going great anyways. So why not fuck it up a little more? At least it could bring me happiness for short period of time.

Wow. Since when I started thinking like this. This shady heck of world was to be blamed for it. My emotions made me kick the vending machine but again, luck wasn't on my side. The little ounce of frustration I was trying to release, I ended up adding more to it. As my thumb hit the wall beside the machine, making me crouch in pain.

Shit.

I walked back, limping to the bench outside the restaurant while sipping on my drink. What? It hurts like hell. I swear my thumb got broke. Okay. I admit there was a bit of exaggeration. Anyways, at least I was feeling better now.

It's because of alcohol. My mind spoke with utter disappointment.

Ignoring my rational side, I send a quick message to Jake that I was waiting for him outside. It was getting chilly by every minute and I could feel my butt getting frozen along with the steel/metal bench.

"Hey!," His warm voice reached my ears, making me look up from my snow covered boots.

"Hi Jake," I replied, having no energy to stand up, I remained sited and patted the place beside me on the bench, indicating him to take a seat.

"So what's up?," He asked, after sitting beside me, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Nothing. The usual. So where did you find me an apartment?," I asked straight to the point, not beating around the bush.

I never liked people who talks in circles, making me get lost in their maze. I like it simple and straightforward, saves time.

"The Petal Apartments. It is located 10 miles away from your workplace. It that okay with you?," As he spoke, his frosty breath was visible to naked eye, that's how cold it was. My eyes focused on the small misty white cloud formed due to the warm breath against the cold night.

My mind going back to my chemistry class where I learned about this phenomenon.

When a person exhale on a cold day, the air that goes out is saturate and the temperature of that air is warmer than the surrounding air. The water in your breath condenses into many small droplets and the frosty ice we see in the air as cloud.

Come back Esme, this is not the time for this. The alcohol was not letting my mind concentrate. I guess my mind has had enough as well that it has gone swimming in the pool of alcohol.