-Chap : 8

After calming myself by taking deep breaths and focusing on the good things. I felt my morale being lifted, so I quickly got to work before my mind turned off its logical reasoning button and started getting depressed.

I know I am weird.

Changing into some jeans and a shirt, with one arm into the coat and the other typing in the name of the library- Readify.

After pushing my other arm into the coat, I clicked on the search icon. The results showed up in seconds. The library was 10 kilometres s away. As I exited the building, my stomach growled in hunger. I must eat food before I go hunt down this library. I decided to enjoy my weekend to the fullest, checking my wallet to see how much cash I have at the moment.

Enough to buy me a fancy breakfast.

I thought as my fingertips brushed the borders of the paper of the money. Walking down the pathway with my hands in my coat's pocket, I gazed down the area. I better get familiar with this area as I will be staying there for some time.

I came upon a fancy cafe that caught my attention. It had a Paris vibe to it, and the fancy steel chairs with matching design tables were aligned alongside the mirror wall of the restaurant. In between the two tables, privacy was made with the help of nature- medium-sized bushes, which had yellow and red flowers on them.

And before you ask, Yes, I have been to Paris many times and now I don't want to visit that place anymore.

Then a thought came to my mind, Does Paris even exist in this world?

It brought chills down my spine, I took a deep breath and walked towards the posh cafe. I sat down in one of the chairs and grabbed the menu card, which was lying on the table. Half of it was underneath the flower pot. After ordering the menu, I leaned back in the chair and opened my diary, which I always carry with me.

I re-read the things I had listed;

- Find the person who sold drugs to her. And those who bought it from Esme.

-Find Esme friends and talk with them.

-With whom she went off to live?

I decided to message Jack after I get my hands on some information regarding the parallel world.

I watched some videos on YouTube regarding the world I was in, but I only found crap fake stuff. But again, everything seems fake and unauthenticated now.

I don't know who to believe.

After eating and paying the bills, I tied my hair into a ponytail and walked down the pathway toward the library. I was lost in my thoughts as I kept walking. It's not like I don't have any money to catch a cab. Walking is like I am in my element. It helps me clear my mind and relax. I followed the direction as directed by the map, and once again, I was surprised. Here there is no Google. They have a similar thing but a different name - Sphere.

So currently, I was following Sphere map directions and finally reached the library. My eyes followed the large ancient-designed building, the patterns on the red bricks were mesmerizing, and the surrounding tall Oak, Cedar, and Willow Trees added more beauty to the painting. The rusty areas on the pattern tell another story about decades, how it withstands destruction, and experienced spring since its evolution.

I climbed up the cemented stairs, which were covered with rust, fallen leaves, and probably dust. I liked the sophisticated look, which was my cup of tea. I opened the large gate, which surprisingly was smooth in its movement, and here I thought it would also be old, rusty, and difficult to open.

I passed greetings to the librarian, who was an old couple. The lady lowered her glasses, letting them rest at the bridge of her nose, and narrowed her blue eyes at me as if judging me. Judging me.