-Chap:3

My subconsciousness was coming to life due to weird sounds that reached my ears. Frowning, I turned to my right and hid beneath the thick covers which lay over me. I felt myself slipping into a deep sleep but once again I heard loud breaking sounds of glass. I sighed as I was completely awake now, pushing the covers away. The house was silent now, no noise nothing. I drank myself to sleep yesterday to ease the pain within my heart. So I was going crazy I think.

It must be in my dream.

I thought and sat in the hunched-up position, yawning and stretching my arms over my head. Satisfied with my stretching, I stumbled to the washroom and washed my face. Looking up at the mirror to find my red eyes. Sighing, shaking my head in disappointment in myself, I heard loud shouting.

I blinked, my hands suspended in my hair, as I heard closely.

"Shut up! " An angry voice rang inside the house.

"Please. Dad" the other voice was of a child. I had never heard before.

It must be neighbors.

I thought shrugging my shoulders, grabbing the ham of my shirt, and was about to pull my shirt off when I found something odd in front of me.

My luxurious bathroom was not in front of me, instead, it was an uncleaned ordinary washroom. No large sized-bath tub, no full-length glass, nothing was the same. I blinked my eyes, not believing my eyes. I must be drunk, cursing myself I walked out of the washroom to my room. The scene in front of me made me freeze in shock.

My queen-sized bed was replaced by an old, moth-eaten single bed. The sheets were dirty and so were the covers. Subconsciously, I dusted my clothes in confusion, pushing my hair back, I walked slowly taking in everything around my room.

It was not my room. Where am I?

I questioned as I looked around. I heard the shouting once again and it was coming from downstairs.

I must have come here in my drunk state.

Opening the door, i made my way down. Thinking of ways to thank the people who took me in, I put my foot on the last step of the stairs and looked up with a smile on my face. But what I found in front of me made me lose my balance. I stumbled back and grabbed the railing to prevent myself from falling.

In front of me was my dad, his shirt dirty and undone, pants low on his hips, hair messed up, and eyes bloodshot. He was holding a bottle of beer in his hand as he stood beside my mom who was on the ground sobbing. My mom was not healthy, blood was coming out of her nose and mouth as she kept sobbing sitting on the kitchen floor.

"W-what?." I asked myself.

What was going on? My parents were on honeymoon and they were not my parents. My parents hardly ever fought and even if they did, dad had never laid a hand on mom...

But what is this? In front of my eyes, my drunken filthy dad beat up my weak, unhealthy-looking mom.

"Eme!." I heard a voice and felt someone hugging my legs.

Still holding the railing tight, I looked down and gasped. A child who had similar features to me was hugging my legs and looking up at me. Her eyes filled with tears as she sobbed.

"Eme, stop dad." She said in between hiccups.

I blinked unable to process what the hell was going on.

"Ahh! Stop please!." I heard a slap and my mom's plea.

I don't know what was happening, but i felt moving forward towards the person who looked like my dad.