♣twenty-5

I woke up to the very annoying sound of my alarm.

I slammed it off quickly remembering that Ivory was lying beside me and I didn't want to scare her.

I stood up slowly and got things done.

I packed my school bag and Ivory's pack.

I then woke Ivory up, I had her showered and dressed up and she didn't make any fuss thankfully.

She's usually hungry on early mornings so she makes a great fuss till she's been fed.

But not today.

Once I had her ready, I placed her in her little baby seater gave her her pacifier.

She didn't mind me leaving, I went to the bathroom.

I had enough time so I took a long well deserved shower.

That got all the sleep out of my eyes.

Once I felt fresh enough, I stepped out of the tub and went ahead to my bathroom cabinet to get my skincare routine done.

I hadn't really paid much attention to skin details while we were away.

After my 7-minutes routine, I got dressed in a soft white sun dress. It was my mood today.

It has a very small sleeve and the weather was a bit chilly so I grabbed a black Nike jacket along with me.

I took the baby seater downstairs with Ivory in it and came back up for my stuffs and hers.

Azra was playing with Ivory by the time I got back to the kitchen.

"Hey Az." I greeted. "What's up? Slept good? Didn't see you again yesterday..." She frowned as if just realizing.

I smiled remembering my time with Ethan yesterday.

"Yea...I was with my little family" I chuckled.

"Aww, you, E and baby Ivy?" She asked picking Ivory up from the seater and fastening her into her high chair.

"Yep" I nodded grabbing the blender and peeling two bananas into it.

I added no sugar and blended it for just a few seconds so it'll still have the banana lumps.

Yes I could have just mashed it but I just thought about it now.

Already too late.

I served the pudding into a small bowl and got one of Ivy's baby spoon.

"Can I feed her?" Azra asked me.

"Don't you have other things to do? Let the girl alone with her daughter, Azra." Dad walked into the kitchen.

Azra sighed and turned to him.

"Hey dad" we chorused.

I began feeding Ivory who was so delighted to eat.

I have a feeling I'm raising a bay that loves food.

The thought made me chuckle internally.

"Hey girls. Hi Ivory" Dad kissed her cheek.

She giggled causing pudding to spill out of her mouth.

Dad made a funny face and I laughed.

I wiped her mouth and kept on feeding her.

"So Azra... you're going on your job hunt today huh?" Dad asked as he began making himself coffee.

"Az wants to get a job?" I raised a brow.

"It came as a shock to me too but I ain't gonna discourage her, she could try her luck." Dad shrugged.

"Hopefully she isn't fired before they even employ her." I joked.

"I know right?" Dad smirked at Azra.

Azra glared at us.

"Hate you guys. Aaron is the only one who is totally backing me up on my decision to get a job." She said.

"Talking of Aaron, where's he? Isn't he going to school?" Dad frowned.

"He is just being a perfectionist as usual, he'll be down soon I'm sure." Azra said.

"What of Laura?" I asked dad, she's usually either down by now or gone to work already.

"She's...Uhm a bit down. Not feeling to well." He said hesitantly.

I frowned wondering if something was wrong but clearly he didn't want to answer any more questions.

I exchanged looks with Azra who shrugged.

Ivory finished up her food and I washed up the bowl and rinsed out the blender.

I then cleaned her up and unfastened her from the high chair.

I didn't lift her though.

I took our stuffs to my car and then came back for her.

I placed her in the car seater and returned inside once more.

I grabbed an apple and leaned against the counter.

"I need the strength to scream Aaron's name right now."

"AARON!!!!" Azra screamed for me like I thought she would since she's so uncivilized.

Dad laughed shaking his head at her.

Aaron came down and with an ugly scowl on his face.

"The fuck is the problem with you?! Did you have to?" He asked angrily.

"You're late and with all the extra minutes you spent getting dressed you still look like a...depressed geek." She shook her head eyeing him.

He was wearing regular jeans with a blue hoodie and old white converse that were kind of dirty.

He wasn't wearing his contact lens, he had on glasses.

"Don't be so harsh Az." Dad scolded.

Aaron looked ready to kill.

He stomped past us and went to my car, I heard the door slam shut.

That rhymes...

Past us, slam shut.

"You could see he wasn't in a mood for your teasing.You gotta make things right later. See you dad, love you. Send my love to Laura! Bye Azra!" I called and went out to my car.

I got in the driver's seat and without talking, I pulled out of the driveway.

Aaron was seated beside Ivory with folded hands and misty eyes.

"Don't take me to school" he said.

"After I drop off Ivy, you'll tell where you wanna go." I said.

Considering the fact that my school authorities knew that I had a child, I have a few privileges like coming in late to school.

I guess I could spend a little time with Aaron before going to school.

Something is up with him and I'll find out.

Laura too... I'll find out.

Ain't nobody gonna keep stuffs from me.

I love my family and I hate it when things are happening that I'm unaware about.