♣four

A week later.
After the incident at my house, Ethan didn't come to school and neither did Vanessa but today they are here.

I have P.E now with Ethan, Ashley and Lisa.

"Mr. Trenton wants us doing runs today then dodge ball after." Lisa, my science lab partner said.

"Ughhh.." Ash groaned.

"The runs right?" I asked pulling off my cropped top and slipping on my P.E top.

Ashley nodded as she packed her wavy hair into a tight ponytail and pulled on her sneakers.

"You're my partner in runs." She said and left the locker room.

"Bossy much?" I called after her and Lisa laughed and left also.

I packed my hair up and took a gulp of water from my water bottle before heading out.

I sighted Ashley with Mr. Trenton and jogged up to her.

"Hello Mr. Trent!" I called.

"Hey Rory, what's going?" He asked.

"Nothing much." I replied looking at Ash.

"I'm trying to explain to Mr. Trenton here why we shouldn't do the runs and how bad it is for our mental health." Ashley said.

"And your reasons aren't valid enough." He smirked and walked away, Ashley groaned leaning on me.

"Get off me."

Mr. Trenton blew his whistle thrice and everyone gathered around.

"Alright. Get to the runs. Around the gym 20 times! Let's go now!" He yelled and everyone scattered.

"Orderly!" He yelled again.

Eventually the runs began.

Bad news.

Ethan and Noah, his best friend are partners and they are right behind I and Ashley.

We began the running around in an organized circle.

Ugh. Now I'm self conscious.

My butt is wiggling for them on show.

What butt? Those mosquito bites?

My mind hates me.

"I and Karl are breaking up." Ashley suddenly said.

"Who the hell is Karl?" I asked confused.

"My pet hamster." She replied and I rolled my eyes.

"What happened to it?" I asked.

"You mean what happened to him not it." She raised a brow.

"Yea, whatever." I said.

"Okay, so it's sick and my mom said, he's too familiar with us and he needs a bit of freedom and air from my over caring attitude." She said.

"Why are we talking about this again?" I asked.

"The least you could do is be freaking sympathetic for your best friend." She snapped.

"Sorry? Uhm...hope he'll find a better home?" I said confusedly.

I'm bad with sympathies and sad stuff.

Not like this is true sad stuff anyway.

"You're a case." Ash shook her head and ran ahead of me.

"I thought you hated the run! Wait up!" I yelled and I heard Noah snicker behind me.

I ignored him of course. I can't turn to look at them, I'll turn tomato red.