3

Dean

Watching Evan's eyes close and feeling his hand start to go limp terrified me, probably even more than when he stopped breathing in my arms on my way here. I knew it sounded stupid, but at the same time, I couldn't help it. We had been talking and laughing, joking around with each other just seconds earlier, and suddenly he passes out and goes limp? I couldn't even move for a second.

Angel woke me from my daze, helping me out of the room. He sat me down on a bench in the hall before hurrying back into the room to help save my Mate's life once more.

"Will he live?" Axle asked. I couldn't answer his question though, because I didn't know either.

I had been greatly confused when I walked into the "den" only to discover it was more like a large pack house with a den façade. It was hard to tell from the outside what it truly was, but it had electricity, running water, and many rooms inside. Thankfully there was even an infirmary, which was where I was now.

I felt restless, and knew if I stayed sitting much longer, I'd give in to my own pain in my chest from the mate bond that was simply holding on by a thread. I couldn't handle the pain, so I stood up and began to explore.

The whole interior felt homey. In fact, I actually felt more at home inside this giant "den" than I ever did back in the pack. It was an odd concept, and one I would revisit at a later date, when I wasn't so concerned for my Mate's life.

The fact they hadn't thrown me out the second I spoke my name made me believe they hadn't heard what happened with Jackson.

That hope was crushed, however, when a few of the wolves came up to me.

"So we heard you like to rape omegas and then reject your own children when they get pregnant, only to kidnap them later," one sneered at me. I winced at the accusation.

Then again, it wasn't really false either. But I had been just a kid at the time. Barely 18 and hadn't considered the possibility of my mate being male. Now, three years later, after everything that happened, I deeply regret the way I treated Jackson. He didn't deserve that treatment, and I would apologize to him as many times as it took for him to forgive me. And now, with how quickly I started caring about Evan, only to have him nearly die in front of me twice now, I knew it was the best decision I could've made, for both of us. Not hurting him the ways I did, but rejecting him. He was much happier with Clayton than I had ever seen him in Silver Moon. And now, meeting Evan, I hoped I got the chance to experience that same happiness.

I looked at my accusers and simply nodded. "What you heard was partially correct," I started, surprising them. "However, the information you're lacking is the fact it was my first mate. I rejected him when he came to me telling me about his pregnancy, and in my idiotic, 18-year-old brain, I didn't think Alphas could have male Lunas. And yes I did kidnap him, using his kindhearted nature against him in order to trick him, but I regret all of that. When I first realized he was my mate, I should've just rejected him then, not leave it, continue to harm him, and attempt to forget about what I had done after." I bowed my head in shame, shocking the men in front of me.

"I have found my second chance mate, if you didn't already know, but he is gravely injured. He has had several close calls and just now slipped into unconsciousness due to his wound reopening. Please refrain from any other attempts to degrade me. I already do that enough on a daily basis without having someone else do it too." With that, I left, them gaping at me.

I continued walking through the "den" until I heard Axle howl.

"What's wrong? Did something happen to Evan?"