15

Dean

Two weeks later

We finally decided that today would be the day we broke the news to everyone. Anyone who wanted to join with us was welcome to, and I'd be more than happy to form a pack bond with them. Those who didn't want to be a part of it, they would need to leave because the den would become the new pack house.

It could be called a pack, or a herd, even a skulk, it just depended on what the shifter was.

When Evan and I woke up, I was excited for the prospect of creating my own pack with my mate. I turned over to give Evan a sweet good morning kiss and find out if he was excited as I was, when he turned almost green and leaped out of the bed, rushing toward the bathroom with a hand clasped to his mouth.

I hurried in after him, only to find him kneeling in front of the toilet, and 'delivering offerings to the porcelain gods', as they say. I quickly grabbed a washcloth and dampened it with cool water, draping it across the back of my Mate's neck. I knelt down next to him and rubbed his back in soothing circles, feeling helpless as I watched him.

A few minutes later, he sighed and leaned against my shoulder, his eyes closed. He looked pale and exhausted, as if the simpe act of being sick wore him out.

I removed the rag from his neck and wiped his sweaty face, before cleaning his face of the remnants of his 'offering'. I kissed his forehead before I draped the cloth over the rim of the sink and scooped my Mate up into my arms carefully, carrying him to our bed.

It had originally been just his room, but since we mated, I sort of claimed half the closet space for myself, and invaded the room, until it became ours.

I gently set him down, leaning against the headboard, fluffing the pillows behind his head to make him more comfortable. I swiftly retrieved a plastic cup and filled it with a little water, wanting to help Evan rid himself of the horrid taste. He drank it slowly, and then closed his eyes, relaxing against the pillows.

"You feeling a little better?" I asked softly. He opened one eye a slit, practically glaring at me, and I got the message to let him be. I kissed his cheek, inhaling his scent, noting an interesting change in it, but brushing it off quickly.

I decided to deliver the news to at least a couple people who would spread it to everyone else so we could have a party tonight, when Evan is hopefully feeling a little better.

As I was walking down the halls and telling everyone I saw, I suddenly had a random thought.

'He was in heat when we mated. Heat causes increased chances of pregnancy, and we didn't do anything about protection, because I wanted to claim him. Then there's the scent. On top of the already strong fresh baked apple pie, there was a hint of a milky scent as well that hadn't been there before...'

my eyes widened and I made a beeline for Angel's office, continuing to relay information the whole way.

I knocked on Angel's door roughly, an odd emotion rising within me. He permitted me, and I threw the door open, causing it to smack against the wall with a loud noise.

Angel let out a squeak and jumped at the loud sound, before turning around and tensing when he saw me.

"D-Dean, is-is everything okay?" Angel asked timidly. He almost seemed more like a frightened rabbit than a deer.

"Yeah, I think so," I replied. "What are the first signs of a shifter pregnancy? And how soon would one be able to tell?" I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, remembering the milky tinge to Evan's scent.