14

Evan

I woke up a little disoriented. I knew I was in my room as I recognized my decor, but I didn't quite understand what all happened last night. The last thing I remembered was asking Dean if he remembered to lock the door. But what happened after that?

I sat up slowly, or tried to when I felt a weight on my waist. I glanced down and noticed an arm wrapped around me, trapping me in my bed.

I moved it out of the way, closer to the main body, not really paying too much attention to it, before I sat up, only to hiss in pain. My lower back was killing me and it felt like my ass was on fire.

I stayed sitting for a few minutes waiting for the pain to die down, when I rubbed the side of my neck to massage the kinks out of it.

I instantly felt something on my shoulder at the base of my neck. It was rough and bumpy, and when I grazed it with a finger, it sent pleasurable chills down my spine. I was confused. What the hell was on my neck?

Then I heard a groan come from somewhere behind me. My eyes widened and I slowly turned toward the body lying next to me. They were covered mostly, from the waist down by the sheets, and with their pillow over their head, lying on their stomach. The only thing I could actually see was their broad back without moving anything off them.

'D-did I... did I have sex last night and get claimed?!' I thought in shock. I didn't remember a thing!

Did that mean whoever was lying next to me was my forever Mate? And what happened to Dean? Was that Dean? I was so confused!

I buried my face in my hands, devastated and wondering what happened, when the body next to me moved. I didn't bother lifting my head, for fear of finding someone there who wasn't Dean.

I felt them roll onto their back, felt their shoulder brush against mine when they sat up. Still, I didn't remove my hands from my face. I wished I had gotten out of bed the second I found that arm around my waist and moved it.

I heard them stretch and let out a yawn, as I prayed they wouldn't say something about my being their Mate and finding they weren't Dean.

"Evan? Baby, what's wrong?" A hand touched my back, rubbing soothing circles. "Are you hurting anywhere?"

I knew that voice anywhere! I slid my hands part way down my face, uncovering my eyes so I could see, and turned next to me to find Dean there!

I let out a sigh of relief as I brought my hands down completely and threw myself at him in a loving hug, grateful that he was my Mate, not some random stranger.

He swiftly caught me and held me to himself, continuing to rub my back slowly.

"Did you have a nightmare, baby? Why do you seem so relieved?" His voice tickled my ear but I didn't want to answer right away for fear of this all being a hallucination.

He pulled me away slightly in order to look at me, worry etched across his features. He placed a hand on my cheek and I leaned into the touch, closing my eyes and basking in it.

"Evan, please talk to me. Do you regret last night? I'm sorry I didn't stop when I realized, but at the same time, I'm glad I didn't because if I had, you'd still be suffering." Dean was definitely worried now. It made me feel bad, so I decided, hallucination or not, I'd talk to him anyway.

"I-I don't remember last night..." I stammered quietly. His eyes widened. "The last thing I remember was asking you about the door, and then it's blank."

Dean bowed his head in shame after I finished. I was concerned now, because he was acting so dejected.

"You... you went into heat last night, because we waited so long before I claimed you," he finally whispered. "We had already agreed to mate last night after you saw the room, so I continued. I'm sorry."