21

Dean

I finally was able to get out of the infirmary after a week of being stuck there after I woke up.

The best part of my stay had to be Evan catering to my every need. He was my own personal nurse, and I couldn't help but enjoy it. He started showing a couple days before I was released. Being that he was only four weeks pregnant, I thought it shouldn't have been possible for him to start showing so soon. Then again, I wasn't there for Jackson's pregnancy with my pups, so I wasn't exactly the best authority when it came to knowing that kind of information.

"Dean? Are you alright?" Evan's voice derailed my train of thought, and pulled me out of my own head. I looked over to him to see he was looking at me concerned. "Do we need to go back and see Jamie again?" I shook my head and wrapped an arm around Evan's waist, wanting to reassure him that I was fine.

Since we'd realized that Angel had potentially given Evan something that caused him to miscarry, neither of us had really trusted him. We decided it was best to go to one of the other people who were trained in medicine within the quote-unquote "pack". We ended up talking Jamie into being our personal doctor. Not just for me, but Evan as well. She suggested having Sadie help, but I quickly refused, recalling how she attempted to seduce me while standing over my mate's prone figure over two months ago. Has it truly not even been three full months since we met?

I'd met Evan in late March, early April, holding vigil at his bedside during his coma. He woke up late April, early May, and I was able to claim and mark him not too soon after that. It was now the third week of May, which meant it was almost summer.

'Is it just me, or does it seem weird that the majority of our relationship has been spent sitting beside one while the other was lying in the infirmary, in a coma?'

"It does seem rather bizarre, but then again, what else is new?" Axle commented.

Once again, I was happy to have my wolf back in my head, although some days I could do without his snappy comebacks, especially when it involved him responding to my thoughts instead of me asking him directly.

"Thanks for that, Axle," I replied sarcastically.

"Anytime."

Evan and I headed to a room on the second floor, where a din was escaping the closed door and out into the hallway.

I decided to knock, and all of the noise stopped. The door was opened, and I came face to face with someone I never thought I'd see again. Despite the fact I knew Jackson was here, it didn't actually connect that his mate would join, so seeing Alpha Clayton Hayes standing in front of me was a bit of a surprise.

"It's good you're finally out of that bed, Dean," Clayton said curtly, stepping out of the way so Evan and I could enter the room.

I didn't actually know why we were here.

Evan had said something about wanting to visit a friend, and then practically dragged me here in his excitement. It made me wonder what was so important that he had to see them right this second.

We walked in the room, and I stopped in my tracks.

"Glad you're back on your feet, Alpha Dean!"