9

Dean

I read through the book to see what other flowers could express how I felt and wrote a list. I figured if I gave him one of these flowers a day, he'd forgive me and accept me as his Mate in about 1... 2... 3... a week? Maybe a little more? At least I hoped that soon.

It was springtime, which meant I could only get certain blooms. Thankfully, there was only one flower on my list that I couldn't actually get yet because of the time of year, so I crossed it off for now and saved it for later.

With my plan in place, I looked at my list of flowers and remembered which one I'd picked yesterday, before I set off for the same flower shop. I had struck up a conversation with the sweet old lady who owned it, and when I told her of my needs for the flowers, she told me to just ask for whatever flower would be next so she could get it prepared for me by the time I showed up the next morning.

I entered the shop and gave the kind elder a smile. There was one other person in the shop with me, but I didn't really pay them any attention, as I just wanted to get my flower and leave before anyone decided to make a stink about who I was.

"Hey, handsome~!" The voice grated on my nerves. I couldn't really handle it easily, but I tried for the sake of Glinda, the shop owner.

I walked up to the counter, ignoring the person who called out to me in order to speak with Glinda. I pulled out my list for the next flowers when I had her attention.

"Good morning, Glinda, how are you doing?" I gave her a small smile, and she returned it.

"Oh, Dean, it's good to see you! I'm doing well, thank you. You said you wanted one Camellia flower this morning, correct?"

"Yes, specifically the pink one. Thank you, Glinda." The sweet old lady pulled the flower out from the back, and then grabbed my list form in front of me, looking over it and crossing off the bloom, before grabbing her own piece of paper and writing down another flower and putting a small mark next to its name on mine. During this process, I was taking in the scents of the flower shop all around me, wondering about the possibility of maybe starting a garden at the "den" when I heard that grating voice again.

"What are you doing in a flower shop so early in the morning~?" I felt a weight latch onto my arm, and glanced over, coming face to face with yet another blonde woman. I mentally rolled my eyes because I could do without this attention.

"You're rather popular with the blonde female population," Axle commented. I just groaned in response before trying to remove her from my arm.

"Dean, I have your flower ready, and I've also figured out which flower should follow after, and it's actually already here in the shop. I will make sure to reserve one for you to pick up tomorrow morning. Same time?" Glinda spoke to me without even looking up from wrapping the ribbon around the flower stem. When she finally looked up, she frowned at the sight before her. I imagined she might have gotten the wrong idea about the situation.

That was, until she opened her mouth.

"Holly! You let that young man go!" The girl hanging onto me pouted but didn't even move. "Holly, he's already spoken for! He simply had an argument with his boyfriend and is attempting to make it up to him by being a romantic and using the language of flowers."

The girl, Holly, stiffened at the word boyfriend and immediately let go of my arm. She looked me up and down, disbelief clear in her green eyes.