Six

4

4.20 am. May 23rd

Insomnia. Again. I can't close my eyes again. But I can say that today is fun, I enjoy the little things that happen. I like Jay's bed, it feels like you're laying on a field of flowers, it's comfortable. I like his mom's cook, I love the steak. It tastes good! I got two compliments today from him! He said I look good in the dress and he said that I'm like his lucky charm. I know that the second one isn't really a compliment but I'll count it as one! He makes me comfortable, he unconsciously makes me happy. He doesn't realize how happy I am when I ride his car, when he offers me his coffee that day, when I play with his light remote, it's so fun! I'm gonna get the 2 million won checks today, I'm so excited! I can buy my medication now!

Haneul closes her journal before placing it on her desk next to her bed. She lay on her back, looking at the white ceilings above her.

"I still can't sleep no matter how hard I try..."

Haneul grabs her phone to search on Google, her fingers typing in on the keyboard 'how to treat insomnia' before pressing search.

There are so many links, but she chose the first link on top.

1- Stick to a sleep schedule. Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends.
I'm already doing this, it doesn't work.

2- Stay active.
I wish, but my weak heart is stopping me.

3- Eat your medications.
It's finished, but I'll go and buy it after I got the money.

4- Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine.
I drank coffee just that one time, I quit alcohol a long time ago, and I don't smoke. Still didn't work.

5- Avoid large meals and beverages before bed.
I didn't even had dinner today.

Haneul let out a sigh in disappointment, she threw her phone to her side before forcing her to shut her eyes and sleep.

"I can't."

I'm staying up the whole night again...

"You look extra tired today." Jay looks at her while crossing his arm on his chest.

"I didn't get enough sleep last night." Haneul gives an excuse.

"You said the exact same excuse like 2 days ago."

"I'm sorry." She muttered lowly, looking down the her shoes. As he was about to ask again, he stops when he sees her tired expression, making him curious what is her daily schedule.

Did she even sleep?

Jay nodded his head slightly before continuing

"I'll need you to run and bring me that whole rack of clothes, and give it to that guy." Jay points his index finger to the clothes before shifting it to the guy who looks busy altering some clothes.