Eight

"Here

"Here."

Jay hands her his hoodie for her to change to sleep. Haneul is sitting in his living room fidgeting her fingers, wondering why did she even think of asking him to sleep at his house.

"Thank you..." she replies with a low voice.

He nodded his head before leaving her alone to go to the kitchen. Later he brings a bunch of chocolate protein bars putting them on the coffee table in front of her.

"I don't really have food at my house, you can have those." he rubs his neck looking at Haneul who looks gloomy. She didn't talk much like she usually does, still feeling angry and sad mixed in her feelings.

"You don't have to prepare anything."

Jay didn't answer her instead, he sits next to her lowering his head to look into her eyes better. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"Just... Something." she gulps down her throat as she could feel his gazes.

Reminiscing back what her aunt's son said to her, am I really gonna die? Her eyes get teary again remembering Minjun's harsh words he said to her earlier.

He looks away, realizing her getting uncomfortable. "You can sleep in my room, I'll sleep here." He continues before taking out his phone, scrolling on his social media.

Haneul shook her head, "No, I'll stay here."

"Just go sleep in my room..." he insisted.

"No you don't have to, you can sleep in your room."

"I offer when I'm in a good mood-"

"It's okay I'll stay here instead--"

"Then do you want to sleep here in the living room with me?" he stops his busy hand looking at her in expectation. The corner of his mouth raised in a smirk.

He expects her to reject it, but her answer makes his teasing smile drops from his face.

"Sure."

"What?"

"I'll sleep here with you."

"No, just go to my room you dumbass."

"It's fine..."

"You said last time you wanted to sleep in my room because of my comfortable bed, what change your mind?" he added.

"I don't want the owner of the house to sleep in the living room."

"That's it?" he let out an airy scoff. Jay suddenly stands up from the sofa while looking at her.

"Come with me." he offers.

"Where?"

"My room."

"W-why?" Haneul stutters as she suddenly feels nervous when he said that. Jay let out a sigh, tired of answering her stupid question.