Thirty two

The sun shines brightly, stinging Haneul's eyes

The sun shines brightly, stinging Haneul's eyes. The atmosphere feels comfortable, the sound of birds chirping, and a warm hand around her waist.

She slowly opens her eyes, slightly squinting when the bright sun shines on her eyes. Her hand slowly rubs her eyes, trying to see the world clearly.

She feels a warm breath fanning next to her, feeling the adrenaline rush through the roof again. She realizes that she's sleeping with him together last night, which causes her to blink her eyes multiple times trying to process things.

Haneul tilts her head slowly to look at her side, expecting Jay is still sleeping.

Her eyes went wide, surprised to see him already awake while staring at her with a small smile planted on his face.
He looks so soft, his messy hair weirdly looks so good, and his pretty smile and droopy eyes staring at her.

"Morning."

His morning voice woke her up, causing her to hide her face with her both palms in response.

"Why are you covering your face?"

She let out a nervous chuckle, clearing her throat before answering.

"I'm ugly in the morning..." she nervously chuckles.

Jay eventually holds both of her hands with his left hand, pulling them away from her face.

"You don't have to be embarrassed..."

"You can say that because you still look good when you wake up." Haneul replies, looking away from his gaze.

The stare he's giving, she could feel it. She's too dumbfounded for the fact that he's staring at her or the fact that he's hugging her close.

She thought he'd let go of his hold once she woke up, but instead he pulls her body closer to him.

"Are you saying that I look good every second?"

Yeah...

"No..."

"Do you like me?"

Haneul's eyes widened in surprise, eyebrows raised in shock before looking at him.

"W-what?"

"Do you like me?" he repeats the same question.

"N-no..."

The corner of his mouth curves into a smirk, suddenly leaning closer to her face.

"You sure?" he teases, glancing from her eyes to her lips. Haneul carefully watches his action, staying still.

"Yeah..." she replies in a straight tone, trying to avoid suspicion from him. Her heart beats faster, already feeling nerve-wracking early in the morning.