Nineteen

Haneul runs down the stairs in hurry, she overslept and it's already past 10 am

Haneul runs down the stairs in hurry, she overslept and it's already past 10 am. She should be there by 9 am.

Although she consumes medication for her insomnia, it isn't hundred percent effective sometimes. Eating too much melatonin could be dangerous too since it has many side effects.

She fixes her heels, running to the nearest bus stop while panting hard. She didn't even have time to do her hair, letting it flow to her shoulder.

Once she reaches the bus stop, she stands right next to the pole after seeing so many people waiting for the bus.

"Hey, loser." a voice called out for her. Haneul spins her head to the bus stop seat to find the owner of the voice.

Minjun.

Why is he here?

Haneul ignores him, standing straight while holding her purse tightly, patiently waiting for the bus to arrive. Surprisingly, Jay didn't call her at all.

"Kang Haneul, I'm calling you." he shouts grabbing some of the people's attention.

Her eyes widened, triggered by how he called her name.

She let out a sigh, walking closer to him to whisper.
"Don't you dare to call me by your family name." she shoots him a glare, feeling her body tense.

"What are you gonna do? Kang Haneul?" he emphasizes the word 'Kang' making her even furious but she tries to act calm since she's surrounded by a crowd of people at the bus stop.

Suddenly a familiar honking sound catches her attention. She spins her body facing the road, looking at the black Audi car pulling up at the bus stop.

The window slowly rolls down, exposing Jay looking at her with his usual blank face. Haneul's eyes widened at her boss sight in front of her, biting her inner cheeks feeling embarrassed.

His golden skin shining under the sky, his black hair parted in the middle and his mesmerizing eyes glaring at her.

"You're late. Negative 100 points. Get in, dumbass." He speaks loud enough to catch everyone's attention.

Haneul could hear some of the group of girls whispering to each other about how handsome he is. She takes a small glance at them, mentally rolling her eyes. She bowed slightly to her boss, slowly walking to the passenger side but stop when she feels a hand holding her wrist.

"So that's your sugar daddy?" Minjun suddenly speaks.

A gasp could be heard, Haneul's eyes widened in shock while forcefully removes his hold from her wrist.

"What are you saying? He's my boss--"

"Who knows... Well, I thought you become someone's prostitute because you got a lot of money now." he let out a laugh, taking a few glances at Jay who is still in the car.