34.

Aditya entered the library to find Gehna sitting on the sofa chair and Mangal pacing the length of the room.

"What is happening ? Both if you at this hour ? Is Haider uncle okay Gehna ?" Aditya asked as soon as he entered and had their attention.

"Everything is fine in Agra." Gehna replied.

"Bhaisa. We found Dev." Mangal dropped the bomb.

"He was in the kingdom of Kaling, he will be here in the next two days, he is coming back."

"Dev ? He is coming home ?" Aditya repeated.

"Yes Bhaisa he is coming home." Mangal replied.

Aditya took in a deep breath and exhaled. He thanked the gods that he had found him before Abeer or anyone else had or before the truth had been relieved.

"Aditya... who is going to tell Mahi ? I don't think she is going to throw him a welcome feast once he is back." Gehna put in.

"I know. I-."

"If you are thinking about me informing Abeer about Dev's return, I will have to but not until he is back inside your palace walls. I owe this to our friendship but my loyalty will always lie with Abeer and Agra."

"Gehna. Thank you." Aditya said hugging the petit woman standing in front of her. "You have been such a pillar, thank you for everything you have done for me and Maheen and everyone. You are a true friend."

"Bhaisa have you thought about what has to be done next now that Dev bhai is back and so is his past with bhabhi." Mangal said. "Do not take this otherwise Bhaisa, I am nobody to tell you what to do but, she isn't going to take this well, and I don't know how wise will it be for the two to stay under the same roof."

"I trust her Mangal."

"I'm glad you do Bhaisa, but it's not just her, you know how Dev bhai is-."

"I trust my brother too." Aditya said giving Mangal a sharp look.
"And about Maheen, I'll inform her tomorrow about Dev's arrival." Aditya stated sternly.

"Prepare for both me and Maheen to go to the old palace tomorrow. We'll be visiting the old shrine and staying the night there."

"Okay Bhaisa."

"Gehna if you want to come along you are more than welcomed, I am going to ask Mohini as well." Aditya said and Gehna nodded.

"Alright then, I'll see you both tomorrow." Aditya said and made his way back to their section of the palace.

•••

When Maheen woke up the next morning, Aditya was still in bed sitting with his back against the headboard.

"Th..this is a rare site." She said groggily.

"I thought you saw me every morning."

"I see you every morning getting ready to go train, you are in bed after I've woken up, that's a new." Maheen said getting up. "Not going to the pits ?" She asked swinging her feet out of bed.

"It's an hour after sunrise." Aditya replied.

"What ?" Maheen screeched. "Why didn't you wake me up Aditya, we missed the pooja, what would everyone say, why d-."

"I had already informed that we won't be attending the pooja." Aditya said getting out of bed himself. "We are going out."

"Where to ?"

"Purani haveli." (Old palace)

"Where is that ?" Maheen asked.

"A few kilometres from here, it's really beautiful there, it's between a jungle and close to a waterfall that forms a lake." He said with a smile playing on his lips.