𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏

“ If I could go where it all began. I would take it back to the start ”

We all have past, right? We all made choices that maybe aren't the best ones. None of us are really innocent, we all have blood in our hands, I'm not reffering to blood itself, you know what I mean, for sure most of us have sinned, am I right?

But life doesn't always end that way, it doesn't always roll in the same path, 'cause in every morning that we open our eyes we start new beginnings, we restart, new second chances and choices.

Problem is, I'm stuck in my past, so here Iam again, standing in an old building, inside my apartment that's been here since from the beginning. Staring at a bulletin board, that is probably occupying too much space from the concrete wall, filled with papers, images of important people that's all connected with red strings, attached on gold thumbtacks.

I sighed once more, rubbing my temple as I check my wristwatch. 3:30 p.m.

I grab my coat and keys in hand as I made my way down to the garage of what said apartment, hopping in my Audi A8.

I drove off smoothly in the town of Budapest, on my way to pick up my daughter who started highschool this year. Yes, it has been two years since the incident happened, everything seems to be normal, but if you dig in, it isn't.

My phone rang, and I used my earpiece to answer it.

"Fury, speaking," I stated, as I heard a man scoff.

"Cut the crap, Y/N."

"Oh, hey dad, I thought you forgot that you still have a daughter." I replied, sarcastically while I turned the wheels to my right, I heard him chuckle lightly.

"How's it going?" He asked, always avoiding my question.

"Everything's fine. You?" I look to my left as I saw Taliyah wave goodbye at her friends before turning in my usual parking place.

"If you're asking about my health, then I'm good." He answered sternly.

"Hey, ma." Taliyah smiled at me.

"Hello, sweetpie. How's school?" I asked as she pecks a kiss on both sides of my cheeks.

"Everythings good. I aced top of my class," She wiggled her eye brows proudly at me, a thing that she inherited from Natasha everytime she achieved something or wants to flex anything to mock me.

"Oh, I bet you did," I smirked at her as I started to drive.

"Tell me when it's my turn to speak," Fury sarcastically interjects, causing Taliyah to widen her eyes.

"Is that pops?" She asked excitedly, making me giggle.

"Yes it is. It's pops," I stated in a mocking way, knowing that Fury was annoyed by the nickname she got him.

"Can I talk to him, then?" She asked and I hand it over to her without a word, since she seems to love talking to her pops.

I could hear her giggle from time to time as she gets distracted by the phone call, making me look like a taxi driver or something, that she didn't even want to look away from the window. I didn't mind though, I got used to her behaviour by now.

My mind wandered off to a familiar street just down by the road that we passed by as Natasha quickly slipped in my thoughts.

You must be wondering what happened. Well, here's what happened, after the incident thing, we started dating for like about six months and then we got into a fight and it all started from that, so I decided to broke up with her and move back to a place where I was born. I did mention my mother is Russian, but the main objective here is that letter I got from the woods, the one with tha initial 'D' on it.

I know him of course, I killed him, and I doubt that he's the one who sent me that note, 'cause by that time he was already dead, yet he's the only person that I have in mind that caused all of this. As much as I don't want to get in trouble, this one needs to be done.

I drop off Taliyah in our apartment, making her frown when she didn't saw me move.

"Mama will be back later, sweetpie. I cooked your favorite. Don't wait up, okay?" I reassured her, since I knew that she gets anxious when I'm not at home.

She hops in again, kissing my cheek once more along with a hug.
"Stay safe, ma," She added, as I planted a small kiss on top of her head.

"Always. Call me when you need me, understood?" I asked, cupping her face in my hands.

"Yes, ma'am!" She stated enthusiastically as we both wave goodbye. I watched her make her way to the door before driving off again, just to make sure that she gets in safely.

Three hours in, it was six in the evening as I grab the one last shot of my tequila.

"We had to meet here, really?" A tall black man asked, thick in brit accent.

"I needed a drink," I replied and I saw him smirk. "Did you get it?" I asked.

"Here," He hands me a flash drive. "That's the last one. No favor asked, we're even," Mason stated, bringing his own bottle of his own poison up to his lips.

"Aww, thanks," I winked at him as he looks away disgusted. "Any plans tonight?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "No. I'm going back—" He cuts off himself as he yawns, making me furrow my eyebrows with an amused look.

"You ever not sleep?" I asked, looking at him.

"I've been into six different time zones because of that flashdrive," He replied as I send him a smuggly look.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah."

There was a pause for a moment before he looks back at me.
"Natasha has been asking about you." He started, making me arch my eyebrow.

"You two still talk?" I asked while requesting another drink.

"Well, what do you think? I'm her private contractor," He answered, making me furrow my eyebrows teasingly.

"I thought you're my private contractor," I made puppy eyes, making him groan in annoyance.

"I am. You both are," He corrected, making me smile. "You know what? I'm outta here," He started to stand up.

"Hey, wait up," I stopped him as he looks back, making me bite my lip. "You've always been a really good friend to me." I was never the type of person to say 'thank you' directly, but he knew, with just simple words he knows exactly what I meant.

"That's what every man wants to hear." He retorted with a geniune smile.

"Don't tell Nat where I am. Okay?" I demanded.

"Is that the reason you complemented me?" He slightly tilt his head to the side as he playfully squint his eyes on me.

"No," Sounding so defensive about it didn't help, and it only made his grin grow.

"Whatever you say," With amusement in his tone, I just observed him, "Send me a beep anytime," He waves off, disappearing into the crowd.

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─