𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒

YOUR POV

I came out of the shower, hair dripping wet with a towel wrapped around my body when all of a sudden, Natasha came in a rush, breathing heavily.

Her gaze fell on me and as her eyes scans my body, she got lost in her thoughts, frozen in the moment that she couldn't even blink.

"What?" I asked, pulling her out from her head space.

"Uh, uhm, uh—" Her voice were trembling and she couldn't focus.

"Breathe. You gotta breathe, the hospital is like an hour away from here," I stated, making her chuckle ever so slightly, along with a tint of blush on her cheeks.

She let out a deep breath before continuing and decided to just stare at my eyes.
"She's gone. Taliyah is gone. She isn't in her bedroom, not in — she's not here! I tried calling her but she isn't picking up—"

By that time, she cut off herself as she saw my back on her while I hook on my bra (with panties on, of course) completely off the towel now.

"And?" I trailed off as soon as she went quiet. I turned to look at her. "And what? What happened?" I asked, calmly, while her chest heaves up and down.

"How- I- can you please put on some clothes," She demands.

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I the one who barge in my room?" I asked sarcastically, gaining an eyeroll from the redhead. "Don't even look at me like that, you already saw what's underneath all this," I gestured to my body, making her more unease.

"I haven't seen them since two years—"

"Ah, I'm about to cut you right there, we didn't have sex two years ago," I cut her off, making her eyebrows furrow.

"Yes we did," She corrected.

"No, we did not," I sternly retorted.

"We fucking did, Y/N!" She exclaimed, getting frustrated every second.

"If we did, then where and when?" I questioned but it came out like a challenge. "What time? What exactly the place and time it happened?"

She looks deeply in my eyes with a smirk on her plump lips. "Are you asking how I'm good at remembering every sex that we had?" Her voice quickly changed effectively to an alluring tone, making me scoff.

"As if," I made an eyeroll.

"I can refresh your memory, right here, right now," She grinned as she inched closer to me and I back away.

"If you wanted me that much then come and get me," I played along, as the urge to give in grew higher than the Eiffel tower.

"Is that a challenge, detka," Her husky voice made contact to my ear as my back hit the wall.

I look up to meet her gaze and I noticed that hers were dilated. I smirked knowing that I have that much of effect on her.

My breath hitched as her lips brushed mine and I couldn't think straight anymore. She leans in, closing the gap between us, letting me taste her minty-warm-soft lips, that for sure made the butterflies flutter like ever before.

But before it goes deeper, I pulled away, moving from my position out of her grasps.

"As much as I want to. I have somewhere else to be," I stated, before grabbing my coat and car keys.

Natasha was too stunned to speak about everything that happened and heard from my mouth. My high-heels clattering every step of the way, as she shook her head in amusement after I looked back at her, still face flushed.

"What about our daughter?" She finally asked.

"Don't worry about her, she'll come home," I replied casually, as I slip my gloves in my hands.

She scanned me up and down. "And where are you going looking like the queen of England?" She stated, making me scoff with a smile.

"That's because I have a date," I arched my eyebrow as she frowned.

"You're replacing me now?" Now, she looks unamused.

I slightly tilt my head to the side. "I never said I'm replacing you, did I?"

She tried to look away to hide again the blush but it was no use, I know her far too well to not notice every little thing.

She cleared her throat. "And what if she's not coming home?" She asked, trying to have a serious look.

"If she's not then you'll be responsible for her lost."

She furrowed her eyebrows.
"How are you so calm about this?"

"Why shouldn't I? I know what she's capable of, and she's hell as stubborn as you are," I stated before turning my heels to where it should be pointing at.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked again, and every time that I move was the same time she talks, it's as if she doesn't want me to leave.

"What's up with all the questions?" I asked, amusement long gone with the wind.

I turned once more to look at her only to see that her eyes are now watery as her lower lip begins to quiver.

She pursed her lips, "I just want to make sure that you two are okay," She stated quietly.

I restrained myself from responding with harsh words, but.
"Well, if it helps, nothing is okay."

"Everything went into shit to the point where I'm just pretending that everything is fine even if it doesn't, 'cause it's easier that way," I spoke every word genuinely as I saw her flinch the slightest.

I didn't mean to make her feel bad about it, but I just felt like it. We stood there in silent, constanly glancing up to one another, before I decided to walk back closer to her. I took her in for a hug, letting her forehead rest on my shoulder as she sobs quietly.

I knew that deep down she was blaming herself for not being here with us for so many years, but I don't, it wasn't her fault. I hid it away from her, although she tried so hard to look for me, but she couldn't.

"It's okay," I whispered. "It wasn't your fault, Nat."

"It was," Her voice cracks a bit, as I try to hold back my own tears since my foundation was not water proof.

"No, don't do this to yourself. If it's anyones fault, it's his, " As soon as those word left my mouth, her head pulls away from where it rested, eyes interrogating mine already.

"Who's he?" She asked.

I smiled tightly. "You'll find out." But instead, she tightened her hold on my waist. "Let me go, Nat. It's okay," I added softly.

She hugs me for a minute or so before letting me go. But for some reasons something was missing, and suddenly, she quickly and gently pecks my lips and this time I was the one who blushed.

Finally reaching the door, I opened it, never bothering to look back, and stated, "Do me a favor and don't follow me."

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─