𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟕

YOUR POV

There was an explosion that caused us to be seperated as the debris came in falling all around the place, I heard someone caughing and made my way to where it was.

Natasha was laying on the floor with her back as she blinked rapidly.

"Nat," I called out, getting her attention as she looked at me, she then furrowed her eye brows in confusion.

"Y/N? What's happening?" She asked..

"There's no time for questions, c'mon!" I snapped as I help her to her feet.

"Where are we going?" She asked without any intentions to move.

"Natasha, stop playing dumb and move your fucking ass!" I exclaimed as I started walking out of the building.

Three Hours Later

We were back at the apartment and Natasha couldn't sit still, she has been acting all weird since the explosion and I could tell that something wasn't right.

"Hey, Nat," I state, making her look back at me.

I stared at her up and down, checking her out, something about her was off. Her posture was a bit sloppy, her hair was not how I remembered it to be, and most importantly, the engagement ring that I gave her was missing on her finger.

I looked back up to meet her eyes. "Okay, you're not her. Who are you?" I asked. "Speak now or I'm going to slit your throat," I threatened holding out a knife infront of her.

"Love, what are you talking about?" She asked, smirking at me as if this was some sort of a joke.

Love? She never calls me love since from thirteen years ago. Unless... I mean, Tony did told me about time travel but I never really believed him, and also how can time travel occur in just one explotion?

I walked closer to her.
"Natasha, when did we broke up?" I asked, never looking away from her as her eyes widens.

"We broke up?" Her voice almost broke.

"Yes we did. Now when did we broke up?" I asked.

She stared back at me, as if we were having a staring contest, and from there, it clicked, she wasn't my Natasha, she was somebody elses', somebody in the past.

"I don't believe you," She replied. "If we did. Then I would never ever forgive myself for letting you go, for losing the one and only most amazing person on Earth." She shook her head. "I would never break up with you."

I rolled my eyes to what she said. "What year is it?" I asked instead.

"2012," She replied, almost too quickly.

I suddenly point out a calendar that was on my desk. She turned around to look at it.

"Y/N, don't you dare play pranks on me, I know you love pranking people but not me, you could never," She stated confidently, but I stayed quiet, until she figures out what was happening.

She opened her mouth to talk but she got interrupted when a little redhead came in.

"I'm home," Taliyah sings outloud.

And as I watch my daughter pull Natasha in a hug, she looked back at me with wide confused eyes. 'That's your daughter' I mouthed and her mouth almost dropped, since 2012 Nat always loves kids and wants to have them but couldn't. I wish I could say the same to my 2023 Nat, but oh well...

Turning around, I went back to the kitchen to prepare something to eat.

Not long after, Taliyah pecks a kiss on my cheeks, before running back to her room. Natasha came in to my side, standing so close, that I could feel her breath.

"So, you're not pranking me?" She asked.

"I'm over those stages," I replied, shaking my head lightly.

"Why? I love that side of yours, you know carefree and fun." She replied softly, while wrapping her arms around my waist.

She was clingy. Natasha Romanoff in 2012 was the most softest person I had ever met. She maybe cold to the rest of the world but to me, back then, she was fervent.

Turning around to face her, I contemplated whether to drop the bomb now or later, but either way I needed to tell her so she'll know where she stands on this timeline but then again what if I just keep pretending that alls well, seeing as she doesn't know the full history. Wouldn't I look so selfish then?

"Do you have something to tell me, cuz that look says..." She trailed off, leaving me to finish the sentence.

I smiled. "We're not in good terms, well, me and Nat 2023 are not friends at the moment," I added.

"What did Natasha 2023 do?" She asked interogatingly.

I sighed. "A lot of things that you would never ever imagine, but half of it was also my fault."

Furrowing her eyebrows, "Are they good or bad?"

I looked back up at her and smiled, before playfully-gently slapping her cheeks three times.
"I don't know," I shrugged, pulling away from her.

. . .

"So, are we just gonna stare at eachother?" She asked, sitting infront of my desk as I busy myself with my laptop.

"What do you wanna know?" I asked, without even looking up at her.

She sighed. "Like how we broke up."

I licked my lips before answering, "Long story short, someone threatened me to broke up with you. Hide away for eleven years, raising our only daughter. Then, I came back, we dated for five to six months, I proposed you said yes, until you said something, so we broke up, and that all happened two years ago, which was 2021."

Natasha was still looking at me. "Wait, you proposed to me? Shouldn't I be the one proposing to you?" She was thinking outloud and questioning me at the same time. "Also, what did I said that made you broke up with me again?" She asked quietly.

I glanced at her, memories flashing back in my mind as her voice echoed in my ears. My eyes was starting to swell with tears, but before it could fall, I cleared my throat, and shifted my eyes back on the screen.

"I think I found a solution for this swapping timelines thing," I stated firmly, avoiding her questions.

Natasha frowned. "Don't change the subject," She softly retorted.

"Don't wanna talk about it," I replied lightly.

"Okay," She retorted. I wasn't expecting that she'd say that, but somehow-someway, it made me smile.
"So, what did you find?" She asked, now standing next to me, leaning against the table as she looks at the informations on the screen.

"It's someone you know a very long time ago."

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─