𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑

There was a banging in my head as I woke up in the morning and remembered that I had to take out the trash.

It's too early and it's too cold. I lazily stood up and grab every trash that I could before I heard Taliyah walks out of her bedroom.

"Morning, ma," She kissed my cheek as always and I returned it with a smile.

"Good morning to you too. How's your sleep?" I asked, never taking my eyes off to what I was doing.

"Mommy is standing outside," She blurts out, making me look up only to see her gazing out the window.

"What?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

She looks back at me unable to say the words, so I had to go there and look outside.
"What is she doing here?" I asked again, without any idea what happened last night.

"Shouldn't you go down there and invite her in?" She asked, looking up at me.

I smiled innocently, quickly grabbing the garbage bag, as I sprint down the stairs, making my way to the side of the building.

Natasha's eyes never left mine as soon as I went to approach her.
"What're you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"Good morning? No?" She teased me, making me blush.

"Oh, yeah, Hi, uhm, good morning too," I replied while avoiding her eyes as I shoved my hands on the small pockets of my denim shorts.

Her face quickly escalated to a serious face.
"Can we talk?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, of course. Why don't you come in," I invited before turning back to the building.

"What about this?" She called out, making me look back as I saw her holding a paper.

"What's that?"

"The restraining order," She answered.

"That? I'll handle about that. Now, c'mon."

She followed after me, quietly as we made our way up to the apartment. It was weird and confusing the fact that she's here, and I'm still putting up the fragments about what happened last night.

"Taliyah your mom is here," I called out as she comes sprinting down from the kitchen to meet her mom.

They both hugged each other and that's when I disappeared out of their sight as I went to the study room.

"Now, let's start from you, Mrs. Davis," I set up my laptop as I track down my target, the beeping red dot showed me where she went, came from, and where she's going.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door, startling me as I turn to look who it was.
"We're hungry," Taliyah pouts at me, but I knew she was only coaxing me.

"Your mom can cook," Shrugging it off with an easy excuse, she sighed in return.

"Ma, please, I haven't seen you eat in the last few months, you're worrying me," She stated, making me look down since I knew she was right.

I sighed, heavily. "Okay, what do you wanna eat then?" I asked, looking back up only to see Natasha standing next to her.

"A normal breakfast with the three of us," The little redheaded requested, as Nat and I shared a look.

"Uhm, Uh, princess, I don't think it—"

"No, no, it's fine, you should join us," I cut off Natasha before she could say anything that will upset the teenager.

She was holding back her smile as I walk past both of them so I could start cooking whatever we had in the kitchen.

NATASHA'S POV