𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

As my eyes slowly open themselves, I could barely make out my vision, everything that I see was either spinning or doubling. But nonetheless, I managed to sit up and as I do that, there was a pool of blood underneath me and slowly my head can ever process, I realized that it was my blood, coming from the back of my head — the cause of the hammering in my skull.

"Nat?" As my instinct, I started to call out the person I knew I could rely to, but to my dismay she didn't reply. "Taliyah?" I tried again, but nothing.

I went and open the door of the bathroom, hands filled with blood. As I walk further down the hall, I noticed that the apartment was quiet, too peaceful for my taste.

Cautiously as I walk, I came to a kitchen.

Natasha was seated on one of the chair, head on the table, looking like she just passed out, but when I went near her...

"Nat, wake up," I stated since her eyes were close.

Looking frantically around me, I couldn't land a sight of my daugther, and that's when I started to panic.

"Natasha! Wake up!" I started to shake her uncontrollably, as my heart banged in my chest. "Please, wake up, Natasha," I pleaded, kneeling in front of her before taking her face in the palm of my hands.

As seconds pass by I could feel my body getting tired but I couldn't stop on worrying. What if something happened to Taliyah or better yet what if Natasha is actually dead, and I'm just the idiot-worried-lover shaking a dead body.

After a while, Natasha groaned. Her eyebrows knit together as she slowly opened her eyes only to be met by mine that was pooling with tears.

"Y/N? W-what happened?" She asked quietly.

"They took her," Was all that I could say before -once again- passed out.

NATASHA'S POV

I was waiting for her response but instead, her head fell forward on my lap and only then did I notice that she was loosing a large amount of blood.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath before rushing her to the study room and placed her ontop of the wooden table.

My heart was pressed against my throat, there was too much blood and my head couldn't comprehend of what to do next, causing me to panic. Memories flashing back to the time where I watched her flatlined on the table at the hands of professional doctors, how the hell am I going to solve this?

Rushing to grab the first aid kit, I made a move to clean her wound before stitching it back to place. Her wound wasn't that big but because it was from the back of her head, the bleeding was a little heavy.

Six hours later.

Y/N was peacefully sleeping next to me with a hand wrapped around my waist as she refused for me to leave her side.

"They took her," She repeated in her sleep, or atleast I think so, but in reality she wasn't sleeping at all, she had been awake, thinking to herself with her eyes closed.

"What?" I asked back even though I knew.

"First, we have to move, this place isn't safe anymore," She stated quietly, groaning as she sat up on the mattresss.

I looked at her with my own curiosity, "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna go pack," She winced, "Like I said, we need to move."

"Do you have a place to move at?" A retorted, making her sigh.

"I don't," She shrugged, "But we have a car," The 'we' in her sentence instantly made me smile, knowing that now she trusts me enough to add me in her plans, and I was sure that this time around, she's really coming back to me.

"Your things won't fit in our car," I chimed, causing her to stop from moving.

"I feel sick," She blurts out before running her way out from the room to the toilet.

I immediately followed after her, thinking all kind of bad thoughts, and to my relief she was just throwing up.

"God, the room is spinning," She groaned as I made my way from behind her and pulled her hair back in a ponytail.

"Slowdown," I softly warned, grabbing a tylenol from the cupboard. "Drink this," I hand a glass of water and the drug.

I watch her in both concern and amusement as she is in mild pain yet she acts like she's about to die.
"You do know that you bump your head right?" I point out and she only nodded her head.

"Yeah, I know, what else?" She retorted and I took that as a sign to sit next to her.

"That you thought that I don't know your relapse to ciggarettes," I replied, making her look back at me with wide eyes.

"W-wait, how do you know?" She asked, eyebrows furrowing.

I smiled at her knowingly, "I didn't but now I know." She made a playful eyebrow, standing up and I was quick to pull her arm, "Where are you going?"

"To take whatever we can fit in the car," She replied, looking down at me and I knew by the look on her face that the meds had kicked in.

"We're really going to live in a car?" The concern was evident in my tone, making her sit back down next to me.

"Yes, if you want us to have a shot in finding your daughter," She retorted, giving my hand a pat with a thin small smile. "Now get your ass moving and take everything that is important and useful, we're deserting this place," She demanded before standing up once again, and this time I didn't stop her, instead I sighed and followed ater her.

Three hours later, we were on the road, circling around Budapest to avoid whoever is targetting us. Y/N was quietly sitting on her side as she dialed on a burner phone while cursing under her breath, and out of the corner of my eye, she was also biting her fingernail along with her left leg jumping up and down, she was anxious, near to having a panic attack. But before that could happen, I immediately placed my hand on her tigh, gently stroking it with my thumb as a way to stop the jumping.

She looked at me with unreaded expression but I only side glance her with a smile.
"Relax," I stated, "We'll find her," I reassured but her eyes were uncertain. "Can you take in deep breaths for me?" I asked softly and she slowly nodded her head before matching my breathing.

As we approach a stop light, I turned and fully looked at her, "Good." She met my eyes and I took that as a chance to pull her hand away from her mouth and intertwine them to mine, "It's going to be okay—"

"And if not?" She questioned, cutting me off effectively.

"Then it won't, let it be. You've survived a lot harder than this one, I trust you will come out of this alive again," Finally with a smile on her face, I knew she will get by.

I won't, but she will.

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─