𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Gently knocking on a door that was locked, I knew Taliyah was inside.
"C'mon open the door," I demanded but my voice remained even. Unfortunately, I didn't get any response.

"Aren't we gonna talk?" Instead it came from a voice that I was avoiding.

Turning around to face Natasha Romanoff, she was rather calm than expected or it could also be that she doesn't believe the things that she have heard and wanted to confirm it with me first.

Sighing, I walked past her, avoiding her eyes as I didn't have the guts to talk to her. What am I going to do? I wanted to lie but if I keep on doing that would it fix every problem and mistakes that I did? Would she even believe me?

"I guess there's no point in lying, right?" I stated, looking back at her and she remained stoic. "And you're probably gonna hate me for this but I'll take it, it's the consequences of my actions." Taking in a deep breath and releasing it after, "Taliyah is not your daughter."

Suddenly a humorless laugh escaped my mouth as the words stumbled their way out of my tongue, and oh god, Natasha wasn't ready for that. Although I looked like I was joking, I wasn't.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she didn't quite get it, she needed something more elaborative. I swallowed thickly as I begin to get anxious about the things that I was admitting.

"She's my child from someone else," I blurt out, and with one breath, "from your brother, she's your niece," I followed right after.

There's no going back now. I can't unsay what I said and she can't unhear what she heard. It's done, and I felt horrible as Natasha's gaze burned on my skin.

"I admit though, it felt good to finally tell you the truth," I mumbled, and this time it was her time to chuckle humorlessly.

"Good!?" She exclaimed, "You felt good? That felt good?" She grew furious and I prepared myself for whatever's coming next. "How is lying to me felt so good, huh?" Clenching her jaw, she stepped closer. "Telling me the truth did help, but goddammit, Y/N! You had to lie in front of my face?!"

The longer she stood in front of me the more I felt so little, and when I was ready to respond, Taliyah came out of the room, eyes darting towards Natasha, but she didn't say a single word, neither did Natasha.

I looked at my daughter, thinking she came out of there to talk to me but I was wrong, she didn't, instead she just walked past us as if we weren't even there.

"She's much stubborn as you are," I was mumbling to myself but those words was meant for Natasha, and she heard them.

Natasha scoffed. "She maybe stubborn as I am but she's also as reckless as you are," She retorted, voice still evident that she was pissed off.

I rolled my eyes. "How can you even talk like that? Especially to our-" I cut off myself, thoughts and words spilling everywhere as if I had no control over my own mind and mouth.

"Our - what?" She bemused, "and for the record, you taught me how to talk like that. You cost me everything, my life, my family, and even my trust. And for what? Because you couldn't tell me?"

My eyes locked on her, "Yes, I couldn't because right now you are proving the things that I am afraid of. How I'm seeing someone else in front of me while I confess about things I shouldn't have done in the first place! and I am so fucking tired of all the things, I'm done fighting and yelling at you-"

"So am I," She cuts off, "I can't even recognize you anymore, all you did these pass few years was lie, evrey single word! So after this expect me to be out of your life."

The words stung, she was the last person I wanted to hear those things from but I know I deserved it.
"I did say you will walk out on me," I shurrged at my own words, "and it's fine I can take it."

Natasha rolled her eyes, scoffing at what I said as if she doesn't believe me. But I can, when she walks away I'll be fine I can take it.

The hatred in her eyes never left as she only deepened her glare on me, making me feel every inch of guilt and suffering to the point I would rather die than live my life knowing she hates me. Because Natasha never hated me, I never felt her dislike, not ever, from when I met her she already liked me then without even doing anything.

And I think this time... It's finally over.

─━  ⑅  ⴵ  ⑅  ━─