Chapter Six | Westwood Institute

      "Sorry to rain on your pretty boy reunion and gossip parade but mom told me to talk to you about your enrollment at Westwood Institute." Kaylee says, her tone gave away that she was pleased with something and that unnerved me completely.

While I was in California I started going to college, more particularly Cambridge University and while I was there I enrolled in an undergraduate program for law. I was mainly going to school to take my mind off of things — a very weird way to do so I'll admit — but I grew to really enjoy the program itself. Maybe it's because of my stubborn nature or maybe it was the fact that I enjoy arguing with people or starting shit for no reason occasionally, but law suited me more than I ever anticipated it would.

The court cases, trials, debates, hypothetical scenarios. Everything about it piqued my interest and when it came to the murder cases, I was highly intrigued to say the least. I went full on nerd when it came to law, so much so that I knew that these three oafs in here would clown the shit out of me if they knew just how much I enjoyed studying law and learning about law.

What I innately gravitated towards was prosecution. The idea of putting a scumbag in prison for the most vilest of crimes is what I enjoyed most. Some would say that the enjoyable part of prosecution is ridding the world of evil and crime so that others could be safer and although that shit is great and all, like yay for safety, I just liked the idea of sentencing someone to their doom. It was that momentary fulfillment of being an authority figure, being the top dog within a courtroom despite most people believing that the 'top dog' is the judge. They couldn't have been more mistaken.

Ultimately, I chose to leave Cambridge at the end of my third year which means that I am entering my fourth and last year of university at Westwood Institute. It was unnecessary for wolves to further their education by going to university but upon Killian King's — Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack and father of Xander and Eros King — request, they made it more of a mandatory thing.

I didn't know how mandatory it was but I did know from what Nicklaus told me — still fucking weird that the kid can talk now as he was mute before I left — that wolves within the pack that had a higher status than others were obligated to complete college. Higher status as in future Alphas, Beta's, Delta's, Gamma's, and upper class warrior wolves as well as the wolves who were responsible for health related duties that involved treating wolves wounds, creating solutions to the poisonous venom that is wolves bane and any other advancements that could revolutionize how werewolves live.

Xander who is soon to be Alpha, Gnashton who is also soon to be Alpha, Aiden who is running for Beta alongside his sister Archer, Kaylee who is considered to be a high level warrior wolf much like mom, Hunter who is an upper level warrior wolf, and Xavier who is in the running to be Gamma wolf are all in a position where they must attend college. For Nicklaus and Easton who are omega wolves, Hazel who is simply just a regular wolf, Eros who is a half wolf, and Caspian who is just a regular wolf, they have no requirement to attend university. However, based on what they've all told me, they will also be attending Westwood Institute anyways.

Now that I think about it, it's funny how wolves in this pack were treating us and doing all sorts of science related things without having even studied it. No idea how that shit was possible but I didn't even want to think about it because I didn't care enough. Regardless of the fact that I'm running for Delta wolf so the college mandate applies to me, I would've attended college anyway since I actually enjoy it. Glancing at Xavier, I almost laughed at the prospect of that air head actually going to university. Sounds like a catastrophe to me.