Chapter Twelve | Dutiful Beloved My Mate

                        I really wish that I wasn't here right now. Not because I fucking hate literature and think that reading books, writing essays on said books, and analyzing the piece of literary shit is stupid — although that was definitely part of it. The reason that I would rather be cliff diving to my death instead of being in this stupid lecture hall is because Xander King is in here and his pheromones are suffocating me.

It feels like that idiot is purposely exuding a bit more of it on purpose just for me to smell it and become a ridiculous mess. No matter how many times I tried to stuff tissues up my nose, stifle the intoxicating smell with the sleeves of my grey hoodie, or hold my breath which lasted a good five seconds, it proved to be fruitless and I only wound up looking like an idiot.

Meanwhile, the dick who was sat in a different row adjacent to the row that I was seated in, was completely and utterly satisfied and even feeling proud of himself for being able to annoy the shit out of me. If I could, I'd slap him. But then I was afraid that he'd try to slap me...with his lips.

I shudder and groan as slam my head against the sleek grey narrow table in front of me that extends from Kaylee, who is on my left left side, to the far left wall where some random kid sits in the last swiveled white chair. I didn't want to think about Xander and anything revolving around physical intimacy but again, that wasn't possible and I hated it.

I hated the fact that I could still vividly remember the feeling of his skin against mine, the smell of his scent as it shifted into one that was more raw and carnal with an undiluted need to ravish his prey, the tingles that ran up my spine due to his hot fucking breath on the back of my neck, and the look in his eyes.

I swallow.

I don't think I can ever forget the look that was in his eyes. It was ravenous, threatening, hungry...Nope. I am not reliving it inside my head, that is not going to happen. I begin to forcefully shake my head like I was some kind of lunatic. Somehow, I hoped that shaking my head would shake out the memory but it was engraved inside my brain with no way to carve it out.

I jolt out of my stupid thoughts as I feel a hard thump on the back of my head. Raising my hand to rub the spot where the assault took place, I sit back up and glare at Kaylee who has an eyebrow arched.

"Why the hell are you shaking around like a crazy person?" she questioned but it wasn't one that she wanted answered as a devious smile breaks out onto her face and she leans in closer to me. In a whisper that was loud enough for me and possibly every wolf in close proximity who was adamantly paying attention to our conversation to hear, she says, "oh wait, I know. Does dry hump ring a bell?"

I slap my hand over her mouth with a glare on my face. She fucking knew. I would've been puzzled that she knew so soon but I wasn't actually the least bit surprised. The stupid shit that Xander pulled was literally during combat training where so many wolves — especially teenage and young adult wolves — were gathered so it was a recipe for disaster from the get-go.

Of course it would spread like wild fire that fucking Xander King was out here dry humping me like the animal that he is. It was probably not only being spoken about at Westwood Institute, but also the high school nearby that we all used to go to. Go figure.

"I don't want to hear it from you, Kay." I said sternly as I dropped my hand. I decided to rest my elbow on the desk and use the palm of my hand as a cheek rest instead as I looked at a smirking Kaylee.