The Talk

Tommy looked up at Jessica, as she took a sip of her tea. "Why are you here without your parents?" Jessica asked him quietly. "I ran away. They always forgot about me and only paid attention to me when I did something 'bad.'" Tommy said looking at the ground. "I'm sorry, and how long have you been away from home?" Tommy looked up and said "Two weeks." 

"That's a long time Tommy," Jessica said. "I want to adopt her," Tommy said with such finality in his voice it surprised Jessica. "Excuse me?" "I want to adopt Serenity. She needs a home and I know what it feels like to not have parents." Jessica looked at him and asked, "Are you adopted?"

"I am" Tommy replied, " and I don't want her going through the pain of not having someone to rely on." Jessica nodded and said "I understand. But are you sure? You've known her for less than a day, AND you're 17." Tommy nodded "I understand your concern, but I will buy a house in this village and we will live here. If you don't mind then you could help me raise her." Jessica smiled brightly "Of course. Now get some sleep tomorrow is going to be a big day." Tommy gave Jessica a quick hug and said "Thank you Jessica for everything. You are helping me and my daughter so much." Tommy smiled as those words came out of his mouth. "Night Tommy. Sleep well." "Night Jessica."

Hi :) Ladies and Gentlemen and Non-binary peeps, thank you for reading. I didn't think anyone would actually want to read this. Also, the next chapter is going to be short because that will be my third chapter of the day. Anyways have a nice day/night and make sure you drink water! -Bean