5 Years Later

Tommy is now 22 and Serenity is 11

Also, Serenity's nickname is Seren (Pronounced sir-een)

Tommy and Serenity were in their yard holding wooden swords. "You hold it like this Seren." "Like this Dad?" she said, moving her hands on the handle. "Perfect, you're a natural Seren!" "Just like you Dad." Tommy smiled at his 11-year-old daughter. "Let's practice Dad! I'm getting better!" Tommy nodded and replied, "Well you ARE my daughter." Serenity smiled, she still remembered when Tommy adopted her, and loved how they WERE family, whether blood-related or not. Tommy saw the expression on her face and understood what she was thinking. "I love you Serenity," Tommy said hugging his daughter. "I love you too Dad." They went inside to get some lunch. Tommy quickly baked some potatoes and roasted some steak. He placed them on a plate in front of Serenity. Serenity ate them quickly, and Tommy could tell she wanted to say something important. Serenity swallowed, and looked up at her father. "Where did you grow up Dad?" Tommy looked at his daughter and sighed. "I grew up in a country called L'Manburg. I founded it with your uncles, fought in many wars since I was 9, and was Vice President. One day my best friend exiled me from L'Manburg. I never got to go back. The first time I was exiled I was with my brother Wilbur. The second time I was by myself. Eventually, after countless torture, I ran away. 2 weeks later I found you." Serenity looked up at her father sadly. "I'm so sorry Dad." "It's alright Seren, it's not your fault," Tommy told her. Serenity looked down and said "Dad." "Yes, Seren?" "I want to visit L'Manburg." Tommy sighed, he knew eventually he would have to take her to visit. "Go pack a bag, we will leave tomorrow." Serenity smiled excitedly and got up from the table and ran to her room. Tommy put his head in his hands and sighed. He wasn't sure he was ready to face his family. 

Hello everyone :) I think this book is about halfway through now! There wasn't really a plan but I knew this book wasn't going to be a long one. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Also a special thank you to sidor_xd for voting on all my chapters! I really appreciate the support! -Bean