𝗽𝘀𝘆𝗰𝗵 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝘂 𝗽𝘁 𝟮

( A/N : 1045 words, this took two days to write lol. also i'm sorry if it seems a little fast paced, i just wanted to get it done and ignore any grammar mistakes. )

warnings : mental illness, obsession, the word canoodle.

genre : au

-

you took a sip of your coffee as you walked into the office, normal day nothing out of the ordinary although it was oddly peaceful. no yelling, no escaped patients, no coworker drama, it was nice for once. truly nice, you leaned onto the small reception desk. looking at the receptionist as she printed your case file for today.

"keep on looking and you're gonna fall in love." she joked, handing you the orange folder with a red stamp on it with the date, and a single sticky note. you took it with your other hand, gripping the coffee tightly.

"i fell in love with you a long time ago." you winked as you walked away, opening the folder and reading it's contents as you got to the end of the hallway. in short, it was time for peter to get more social. they tried this last week apparently and he refused to talk, demanding that they bring you instead.. but as you were out at the time you couldn't speak to him.

a small part of you felt excited to speak with peter, but another part of you was nervous. his obsessive nature was showing and it was showing fast, but this was something new and something to study about. you were gonna use this to your advantage, see how far you could go with him.

and before you knew it you were outside his room, not the big white box with plush walls. an actual room with a bed, and regular walls. a room where he wasn't put in a straitjacket just to exist, you knocked lightly. no response so you knocked again, except this time you spoke.

"it's y/n, peter are you awake?" you stated looking at your watch, looking at the time.. he wouldn't be asleep at 5:00pm would he? that's when you heard shuffling behind the door, loud shuffling. like things were being moved around, then he opened the door.

"hope i didn't wake you up, i came to hang out with you actually. if you don't mind?" you laughed softly, looking down at your clipboard that had all of the questions and all of the theories you had written down. peter gulped hard, but not hard enough for you to notice. you were about to come in his room, just the two of you. no weirdos peeking through the wall, you trusted him enough to do this?

he opened the door and you walked inside, looking around for a few seconds before sitting on his bed. for a 10 x 10 room he had it decorated nicely, posters of bands you didn't know existed and black bed sheets. you've been in alot rooms, but this one was super nice.

"come sit." you stated sitting your clipboard on his bed, rocking back and forth happily. you weren't afraid at all, though peter did seem very aggressive you heard he could change with a push of a button, and you were ready to see it if needed.

"is this one of those tests?" he asked sitting next to you, palms sat in his lap. you shook your head and took of your lab coat, folding it quickly and setting it in your lap.

"nope, just hang out between friends." you smiled, friends.. you knew to use that term lightly, he was your friend of course but you didn't want him to get too attached. the whole reason you were doing the socialization exercise, was so he could get discharged from this place a little sooner. live a normal life, meet people and make friends.

"i like your hair today!" he complemented, you laughed softly and took a mental note. an hour had passed and you were getting bored, you groaned before quickly standing up.

"we're going on an adventure, well we're going to walk up and down the hall." you stated, grabbing your clipboard and your lab coat. sticking out your other hand, looking behind you and shaking it softly. gesturing that he grab it before the two of you exit his room, he shly interlocked his fingers with you as you began walking. you turned the corner and spotted a vending machine, forgetting peter was holding your hand you practically dragged him there.

"don't tell anyone i told you this, but if you kick it.. you don't have to pay." you winked, knocking your black boot into the side of the vending machine. two bags of chips falling to the bottom compartment, you reached for them quickly.

"are you two on a date?" you turned around, seeing someone with their hands behind their back and being escorted by security. security nudging them and almost making them fall, laughing to themselves

"4583, please refrain from speaking." he stated, voice bland and boring. with a tone of authority, mixed in there. annoyance clear in his tone, this guy seemed chatty.

"i'm just saying what i see, geez can't even talk around here." he rolled his eyes, before being thrown in his room. you looked over at peter, he seemed shocked and his cheeks were red. his brain practically scrambling trying to find out if this was a date?

"well, erm. i guess that's my cue to take you back to your room.. let's go." you were flustered your face was getting warmer by the second, you dragged peter back to his room. a small smile on his face as you let him go.

you didn't know what to say, you dating a patient? that would be extremely unprofessional and downright weird.. you cared for your patient's but not in that way, hopefully no one else thought you were canoodling with your patients. canoodling with peter?! gosh your face got hot at the thought.

"um, thanks for the fun time but i've got to go! see you later peter." you scurred out before he could even say goodbye, leaving your bag of chips, and your lab coat. he would've called after you but you were already gone, so he grabbed it.

and for the rest of that night he held it to his chest, excited for you to come back in the morning to retrieve it. it smelt like you, it reminded him of you, he wishes he could keep it forever.