𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗽, 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵

a/n ; thank you everyone for your kind words, as you can tell i have decided to continue this book. i have a bit more time to write! please ignore the typos, i wrote this walking home from my classes | art above is by @/sleepyfientcrow on twt, also sorry for the title it's so mean lmao

warnings :
maid!peter, rich!ceo!mafia boss!reader, some hurt to comfort .. reader is a dick.

genre : mafia au ? / fluff

peter enjoyed serving you even though you treated him a bit cruel, kicking him when he tried to explain to you that he could not reach the things in the top shelf and needed a ladder.. in your defense you told him multiple times not to come to you with simple problems when he knew the simple solution, yet he always came running to you like a little stray puppy at every struggle he faced.

you loved it, he depended on you.. even though he knew nothing about about you. well he thought he did at least, you where his y/n ; the most wonderful person in the world, who provided him with food and a roof over his head. the same person who stalked the night and pistol whipped sex workers for not giving up the exact details she wanted to hear.. being on the news for robberies, the same person almost multiplying the already fucked up drug epidemic .

and peter knew nothing, innocently walking around your house dusting off surfaces and preparing your meal for when you get back ; and when he sees you walk in the door with bloody knuckles and a busted lip like usual he grabs the first aid kit like he's used too, you told him you practiced boxing before going home everyday

"y/n, i made your favorite! here let me patch you up so you can enjoy it." your stern face now softening up, looking at the meal sitting in front of you. the two plates sitting closer to each other than usual, the tension in the air begining to feel thicker as peter moved from your knuckles to your face.

"im assuming you won like always."

"my strong y/n." admiration in his voice as he pulled away from your now extremely warm cheeks, a smile on his face as he admired your beautiful ( yet beat up ) face.. the air was beginning to get to thick, it felt like you were suffocating in an unfamiliar feeling you've never felt before. you did the only thing you knew how to do.. pull yourself away. standing up letting out a loud exhale, quickly grabbing your plate of food and attempting to make a getaway to the stairs only to be stopped by peter.

"i thought maybe we could eat.. together today?" his hand on your forearm, you caught yourself hold your breath at the feeling. his slender fingers placed firmly on your forearm, trying to get you to stay.

"i'm busy with... work, im not your friend ; i'm your boss.. don't hurt your own feelings" you shut him out, practically ripping his hand away as you walked up the stairs. peter had never felt so humiliated before, what was he thinking? that you'd sit down and eat with him, he sat at the table for a while. he was unsure why he acted the way he did, why he grabbed onto you like a whiney little puppy.

you were right, he was a stray puppy. practically kneeling at your feet begging for a fucking treat. it was pathetic ; he was pathetic, and he proved that too you today.

he stood up, grabbing the now empty plate in front of him. walking it over to the sink and setting it inside, he didn't feel like cleaning. he wanted to lay in the rain and never get up, but right now his head hurt and he was over thinking.. he needed a nap

2 months later

you walk into the dark house absolutely soaking wet, blood dripping down your forehead as you attempted to stabilize yourself on large wall to your left.

"y/n? holy shit! excuse my language, but what the hell happened." you groaned, peter was never one for leaving early. the suitcases stood next to the dinner table as he ran over too you, he said he had to visit extended family.. but you knew that was a lie.

"your gonna miss your flight.." you rolled your eyes, pushing past him limping to the dinner table chairs. peter practically tripping over his words to convince you to stop moving, and not because you were making a mess.. because the floor was so wet and you could fall and hurt yourself.

"i don't care if i miss my flight, your hurt!"

"i know how to take care of myself, ive been doing it for years." you groaned, looking at down at peter cutting your pants to expose your badly burned knee. you winced throwing your head back, digging your nails into the armrests

"you said that about cooking, then you almost ate raw chicken." peter stated wetting the dish rag, cringing at the thought of your very much pink chicken from 3 years ago.

"i never said i could cook, i said i knew how to eat " you stated making peter laugh softly as he opened the first aid kit grabbing the needed essentials before closing it once again.

"do you want a certificate for that?" he asked sarcastically, pressing the warm dishrag on your knee causing you to curse profanities quietly.

"actually yeah i- fuck.. yeah i do."

as peter tended to your wounds you felt bad for making him miss his flight, but with the excruciating amount of pain you were currently in you were slowly loosing the fucks you had to give.

meanwhile peter was appreciating you being human. the way your hair stuck to your forehead as you cursed him out in the nicest way possible, apologizing in-between words promising you didn't mean it.

all the while he was smiling as nodding, rinsing off your wounds and putting bandages on your head.. the way he smiled from below you and gently massaged your hand when you asked him to give you a break from bandaging ; it made you feel that same feeling you were feeling before, except it was less confusing now..

a/n ; requests are open as i have no ideas on what to write 🧍‍♀️ you can request literally anything, also maybe a part two? let me know :)