017

˚୨୧˚georgia˚୨୧˚

*25 minutes later*

once i was done eating food, i went back upstairs and got ready for bed. i took a shower, worked on some homework and went on my phone. i noticed kairi had texted AND called me.

hey, i need to talk to you.

call me back ASAP.

g, you there?

the messages read on my phone.

i immediately pressed on the call icon, it rang and rang and rang until i heard and hello.

"hello." kairi sniffed

"hey kai, you alright?" i replied.

"she's gone." he began to start crying.

"who's gone, what happened?!" i sat up frantically.

"my m-mom." he continued.

"oh no, kairi what happened?"

"skin cancer."

"im coming over right now."

and just like that, i hung up the phone, grabbed my keys and flew downstairs to go outside.

"hey georgia, where are you goi- georgia? g!! GEORGIA." my mom tried to get my attention.

i started my car and headed to kairis house, kairis house was 15 minutes plus all the stop lights so it took me a while to get there.

i got there and opened the front door, i had the key to his house.

"kairi?" i softly said.

"georgia." i heard from my left.

there stood a short boy, with messy hair, in a hoody and shorts with pain, sorrow, and guilt in his eyes.

"oh kairi." i said running up to him and giving him a hug.

we fell to the floor and he just started crying in my arms, i cried too.

"im here for you, okay?" i pulled him off of me to look at him in the eyes, he was looking down. i repositioned his face so now he was looking at me.

"i just feel like it's my fault, i didn't help her enough." he wiped his tears.

"what? no! it's not your fault! and it never was your fault. you can't control peoples lives kai." i said.

"you're right g." he said.

we both got up and went to his room.

he layed down and i layed down with him to make sure he was comforted.

"gerogia?"

"yes kairi."

"thank you for always being the best friend i ever had."

"awe kai, of course. we've been through think and thin together."

after about 15 minutes of talking to kai, we both drifted off in a deep sleep.
--------------------
399 words.