Axes or iPhones #3

No ones POV.

Abigail sat down on the end of the bed and pressed the underside of her thumb to her top teeth, thinking. Something wasn't quite right here.

"So... since we're going to be stuck here a while, we may as well go exploring or something. That way if we ever come back for whatever reason, we will know the simple things" Heather points out, turning to Abigail. She fiddled with her dark brown hair, considering Heather's request. After another few minutes of silence, the girl nodded slowly.

"Alright, you have a good point, Heather. And besides, I'm not going to be the one keeping you from enjoying being away from the edge for a bit" She says, chuckling at the last part. Upon hearing this, Ruff, Tuff and Snotlout jump up and run to the door, but then just stare at it blankly. Snotlout pokes the door and it makes a creaking sound, causing him to jump back. Tuffnut then starts pulling on the doorhandle, and tries pushing it afterwards, with no effect. Ruffnut then slaps her brother over the head for not figuring it out.

Abigail's POV.

"Hey uh... how do you open this?" Ruff asks, kneeling on the ground and looking under the door. Olivia sighs whilst rolling her eyes at them and gets up off the bed from her position sitting next to me and walks over to them.

"You turn the handle and then gently pull the door open at the same time. Like this, see?" She says, pushing the door open as an example. The three teens eyes widen.

"Come on Hookie!" Snotlout yells excitedly, motioning for the flying squirrel to follow him as he heads out the door, however before he can make it all the way out, Olivia grabs him by the back of his collar and pulls him back into the room, throwing him onto the floor. She's stronger than she looks. "HEY!"

"Just wait a second Snotty- before you go out of this room, there are some rules. First off, you stay in the house for now. Second, dont do anything stupid, and third, if you have a question, ASK" She finishes, and then opens the door, letting them roam free. Thankfully, all the windows and doors were shut and locked- Mum and Dad locked them all before they left yesterday, and they wont be back for another week or so.

*time skip of abt 1 hour*

No one's POV.

Snotlout goes and sits on something called a 'couch'. It was his favourite place to hang out so far, to absolutely nobody's surprise. He laid back and sighed. This place was kinda boring in his opinion. No hunters to attack, nothing to set on fire, no dragons attacking you. Okay he kind of like the last point- at least in this dimension Hookfang couldn't burn him alive.

Slowly, he opens his eyes again. "AAAAH!" He lets out a scream as above him, two faces are staring down at him, smiling with mischief. "Oh my Thor- What are you two muttonheads doing!?" he asked the twins, who were now standing in front of him as he sat up again.

"You have nothing to fear, mi amigo" Tuffnut exclaims, gently stroking the python around his neck as if it were chicken, who was somehow still at the edge.

*back at the edge*

Chicken walked into the clubhouse after her little "date" with Rooster(that's what I'm naming him. Genius right?). Tuffnut still hadn't found out about her double life, and she wanted to keep it that way. However as she walked innocently into the clubhouse, she saw that the place was empty. A lone leaf tumbled its way through the small hut-like structure.

"Bawwwwwwk bawk bawk bawk" She squawks into oblivion, but gets no response. The small bird flaps her way up onto the fireplace that sits in the centre of the place, showering the floor with feathers as she does so. After fluffing around for a little bit trying to find the others, she flicks her head and eyes the leaf suspiciously.